• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Not having a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
m2It's Monday and I am not having a good day. I just drove an hour to do an FHA appraisal, did my inspection, took almost 50 photos with twelve comps. I got back to the office and started to download them into my computer and guess what? No photos! I even checked them before I left to make sure they were in my camera. There must have been some sort of glitch in my camera. All but three photos are gone. Corrupted files. I just waisted four hours and I still have to go back a re-take my photos. Just had to let off some steam.

Thanks for listening. m2:m2:m2:

Bama Bayou

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Alabama
Sounds like you may need to get a new memory card.

Wendy

Professional Status
State
Florida
Not fun.

I'd check one more time before you go again. Maybe the photo faeries will have returned them!

appraisalondemand

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
RSW,
I am not sure how you locate your photos, but try a different method. Use a card reader, and go through My Computer to locate them. Hopefully you can find. Good luck!

stefan olafson

Professional Status
State
North Dakota
I bet they may still be there? Maybe ask the Geek Squad at your local computer seller?

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
That really stinks, I had that happen once before and found that by using a card reader that cost me $12 at Walmart as opposed to the cable that came with the camera, I wa able to download the photos that appeared to be corrupt. I know it is a longshot, but it may be worth a try.....Good Luck!!!

ZZGAMAZZ

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
sometimes the card reader slips out temporarily and some of the photos are stored in the camera rather than the memory card.

Robert Gonsalves

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
California
Hello;
If you have not deleted them yet from your camera memory try saving all the photos in your memory card to your hard drive (do not open them just save the files) by using a reader or USB cable. Once saved in your hard drive try manually opening them from your hard drive or importing them manually from within your reports picture cells. This same thing has happened to me in the past and I was lucky enough to save them using this method.
Hope this helps;
Robert G.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Ouch. On long runs I take my lap top out and down load them before leaving the area. However, no computer is perfect... still can happen.

LordofTexas

Professional Status
State
Texas
Maybe deleted photos?

If you think you may have accidentally deleted them or the camera did, you could try using a card reader along with a few of the free web "Undelete" software programs out there. I have used undelete software before and it works wonders at getting back photos just deleted.

Lordy:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks