• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Realtor Bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
I'll start with this post by Judy Whitehead in another thread:

I don't want to get into a p..sing match over this, but I will say that I have many friends (including my husband) that are honest, ethical real estate agents, brokers, and yes, Realtors. Just like every appraiser is not a "Skippy" not every real estate agent/broker is a "Realtard." I certainly am not and I sold real estate for almost 10 years prior to becoming an appraiser and still have a real estate license. Karl, I know that you've been posting on the forum for many years, like me, and I find it hard to believe that you would not abide by the ethics required by the Association of Realtors. Just paying your dues doesn't make you automatically ethical and honest. At any rate, just my viewpoint. I know that again, this is off the topic, so I won't post any more about this....sorry, whoever is monitoring it.

First of all, I think there are more than a few appraisers who don't know the difference between agent/broker and Realtor. I've seen more than one post about obtaining a "Realtor license". I was a Realtor back in the 90's in order to promote my business as I also have a brokers license. I believe there are others on the board that are also Realtors. I don't believe they are all unethical.

Now we are starting see the term RealTARD more and more. Not only on this board but other RE type forums. I find that term to be insensitive and offensive. Calling anyone a retard or a form of the word, IMHO, is truly childish.

Just my two cents.

TC

panappr

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Just so you know, I try and hang with best, and many are Realtors who will show up invited to my BBQs. All I can say is nobody bashes Realtors more than other Realtors. Maybe it's the beer. :shrug:

Marcia Langley

Professional Status
State
Missouri
You'll never curtail bashing, it just goes with a public forum. Appraisers are bashed here along with almost every other profession whether related to appraising or not. That's just life.

But I agree that using terms like "retarded" as a bashing technique is not only childish but offensive.

I like the tried and true "skippy" as it only denigrates the subject of the bashing, not anyone else.

Skippy appraisers, skippy realtors, skippy UWs, I can live with that.

Scott Kibler

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
I don't pay much attention to what the retards in here post.

Professional Status
State
Florida
As an appraiser, there has been a time or two when I have been angry or distressed about what a real estate sales person did, even though I have sold real estate and have a brokers license.

About the only name calling I thought was kind of cute was when Bobby Bucks said a lady "Realator" did this or that. BTW, where are you Bobby Bucks?

Tom

Offshore

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
First of all, I think there are more than a few appraisers who don't know the difference between agent/broker and Realtor.
I think that would apply to 80% in here.
I tend to agree with the entire post, but would like to caution you, your user CP rating may take a dip by the end of the day. :)

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I think that would apply to 80% in here.
I tend to agree with the entire post, but would like to caution you, your user CP rating may take a dip by the end of the day. :)

Yeah, I'm still taking hits from the What are you packing? thread. :new_smile-l:

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
You'll never curtail bashing, it just goes with a public forum. Appraisers are bashed here along with almost every other profession whether related to appraising or not. That's just life.

But I agree that using terms like "retarded" as a bashing technique is not only childish but offensive.

I like the tried and true "skippy" as it only denigrates the subject of the bashing, not anyone else.

Skippy appraisers, skippy realtors, skippy UWs, I can live with that.

I agree...except that I think the term "skippy" is equally offensive and childish. Judgment without trial is 3rd world.

LordofTexas

Professional Status
State
Texas
I wonder, would you be MORE affiliated with a "real estate sales person" who was previously an appraiser; or an appraiser that had sold real estate previously?

Just curious, not starting a war here folks. But, I'll bet I get less than 2 responses to this due to political correctness. I've just always wondered which most prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks