• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Regulator wins TAF CEO position

Of course, you would have to be a fool to believe that all this money TAF collects does not come with strings attached. It is a classic example of pay-to-play. That "grant" i.e, kickback hurt other education providers who were not afforded the same 500K and subsequently can not offer the PAREA program.

So now you're complaining that McKissock didn't get a grant despite one of their employees serving on a board at TAF? Because I'm pretty sure that if McKissock had committed $2M to such an endeavor and TAF gave them a grant to offset some of those costs then you and the worm farmer and the other critics would go nukular over it as an example of corruption.

I am no fanboi of PAREA. Or of the Appraisal Institute. But TAF has committed to validating an alternate mode of meeting their experience requirements. At which point if only one education provider has committed the money and intellectual resources it takes to bring the first and only such program online then I don't interpret that grant as an example of TAF soliciting bribe money to dork appraisal standards or appraiser qualifications on behalf of the lenders and AMCs that you hate so much.

Last edited:
First off, let me preface this by acknowledging that I am one of the 600. One of the first, as a matter of fact. I am an AQB Certified USPAP Instructor and one of the conditions I agree to in order to hold that cert is to be an advocate for USPAP and to support the party line when acting in that role. I am a cheerleader and if that means wearing the skirt and waving the pom-poms then so be it. I am not ashamed of my association with this endeavor nor do I see any reason to apologize for anything I've ever done whilst acting in that capacity.

lift those pom poms...bro :ROFLMAO:

I don't waver or wobble, nor do I apologize. I believe in the concepts and principles upon which USPAP and every other appraisal standard is based. Your business interests (and mine) are strictly subordinate to those fundamentals.

First off, let me preface this by acknowledging that I am one of the 600. One of the first, as a matter of fact. I am an AQB Certified USPAP Instructor and one of the conditions I agree to in order to hold that cert is to be an advocate for USPAP and to support the party line when acting in that role. I am a cheerleader and if that means wearing the skirt and waving the pom-poms then so be it. I am not ashamed of my association with this endeavor nor do I see any reason to apologize for anything I've ever done whilst acting in that capacity.

That is probably the first time he's been honest in his life. I'm telling you these people require deep mental health assistance, And I'm being serious about that.

You must wonder how much these people are paid by TAF to show this amount zealotry

One of the requirements of the cert is to uphold the party line WRT what is/isn't with the content and instruction.

As for who/what I am, everyone here already has their own opinion on that.

And they get upset when someone calls them shills. But why are we just stating the truth? This is the perfect example of why you can’t trust these people they are entirely entangled in conflicts of interest, self-promotion, lack of transparency, etc. At this point, only the Jim Jones on the forum believes this shtick. Djd lands the fatal blow. Theiir is no getting up from this one. :rof:

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back