• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Regulator wins TAF CEO position

All of those worshiping at the altar of Chopra. Should familiarize themselves with the term "wolf in sheep's clothing". Or maybe "be careful what you ask for".
This reminds me of "customary and reasonable fees" language in Dodd-Frank. For one, I never wanted my fees to be either customary nor reasonable.

The NAR Real Property Valuation Committee has clearly stated there needs to be more transparency about how much of an "appraisal fee" is paid to an appraiser and how much goes to other parties.
You see why that is a logical and intelligent response.

Okay, so you are telling me that TAF can't do the same thing on truth in lending disclosures and separation of fees.

This reminds me of "customary and reasonable fees" language in Dodd-Frank. For one, I never wanted my fees to be either customary nor reasonable.
What is your take on blast emails by AMC's or lenders? :)

https://appraisersblogs.com/consolidated-analytics-AMC-fined-4-appraisal-order-blast-violation

For those of you that didn't want R&C fees, you got what you wanted.

I don't know Frank, but I have heard and seen him do good work for the profession in the past. Glad he volunteers his time to help. Hopefully he can be a positive force to help change the ****show that the TAF has become.

Last edited:
The water is muddy.

How many times does it need to be said? TAF has nothing to do with appraisal fees or AMC policies or lender policies. It literally doesn't matter what anyone thinks over there beyond the point that most of them work as appraisers and as such have the same leverage on the issue as any other appraiser.

TAF could make it unethical not to collect your fee at the door...like they make it unethical to base the fee on value :ROFLMAO:

How many times does it need to be said? TAF has nothing to do with appraisal fees or AMC policies or lender policies. It literally doesn't matter what anyone thinks over there beyond the point that most of them work as appraisers and as such have the same leverage on the issue as any other appraiser.
George, Thanks for weighing in. Folks might want to take a look at The Appraisal Foundation Bylaws. It's a 53 page document, but you can save time by looking at Page 2, Purposes of Foundation, and Pages 3 and 4, Limitations Upon Powers and Activities. Another informative document is Vision 2030, the Foundation's Strategic Plan. This is an 18 page document, but the goals are summarized on page 3.

TAF could make it unethical not to collect your fee at the door...like they make it unethical to base the fee on value :ROFLMAO:
Under what reasoning? That it's unethical to work for a salary? That it's unethical to work for another appraiser or a fee shop or an AMC that pays a split?

The reason its unethical to base fee on the value conclusion is because of the contingency; particularly when we certify in every appraisal we sign that neither the engagement nor the compensation is conditioned on the outcome.

USPAP is oriented to appraisal practice as a whole, not to any one specific niche to the exclusion of all others. Even for mortgage lending on 1-4s, fee appraisers don't comprise the entirety of the appraisers who perform those assignments. The "U" in USPAP stands for Uniform, not Fee Appraisers.

It's not all about you. Or me or anyone else working in any of these niches.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back