• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Regulator wins TAF CEO position

For those of you that didn't want R&C fees, you got what you wanted.
R&C was always a smoke screen and I will never apologize for pointing it out. The real problem for residential appraisers is AMC dominance of the residential origination market. Allowing AMCs to act as our direct competitors in the market shouldn't be allowed, but no one in the DC alphabet soup or the appraisal orgs will address the issue. Why? For the same reason people fly to DC and around the country on their own dime, with no pay, under the guise of service. Look at the salaries of the positions many end up landing after "serving", or the classes they are selling, it's not hard to connect the dots. Not all are in it to pad a resume', jockey for a job, play politics, etc. but many are.

Back to R&C. In the end, R&C doesn't matter if you never get the assignment because your competitors (AMCs) have all but locked up the market.

Last edited:
All of those worshiping at the altar of Chopra. Should familiarize themselves with the term "wolf in sheep's clothing". Or maybe "be careful what you ask for".
Maybe, but his criticisms of TAF are spot on.

I hate that politics play such a large role in our profession, but here we are. Depending on how November plays out, TAF agitating a congressional committee and a federal agency may not have been the smartest thing to do.

Blast emails are inconsistent with the selection of the most competent appraiser for the assignment.

I don't even respond go blast email requests. I've had a few calls from AMCs wondering why and I tell them its not part of my business plan.

Blast emails are inconsistent with the selection of the most competent appraiser for the assignment.

do you think it is a conflict of interest that TAF has relman on the payroll...while they simultaneously sue independent appraisers?

do you think it is a conflict of interest that TAF has relman on the payroll...while they simultaneously sue independent appraisers?
talk about a non sequitur!

The firm was engaged for specific services, that does not make them "on the payroll" any more than an appraiser engaged for specific services being on the payroll for an appraisal management company or an individual. What conflict of interest do you see? Have you read the Foundation bylaws? Have you read the Code of Conduct for Individuals and Organizations Affiliated with The Appraisal Foundation?

Last edited:
talk about a non sequitur!

The firm was engaged for specific services, that does not make them "on the payroll" any more than an appraiser engaged for specific services being on he payroll for an appraisal management company or an individual. What conflict of interest do you see? Have you read the Foundation bylaws? Have you read the Code of Conduct for Individuals and Organizations Affiliated with The Appraisal Foundation?

don't try to gas light me..answer the question?

If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath awaiting any kind of cogent response to those questions. That's not how they operate.

more personal smears...do you a tissue today?

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back