• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Regulator wins TAF CEO position

at least no one has called me a racist yet. That used to be my favorite.

at least no one has called me a racist yet. That used to be my favorite.
Be patient. One slur at a time. Their next step is to call you a paid shill, and then to accuse you of dorking your vote for payola. Or recreational junketing when attending a meeting in person.

What this means is that if you are doing an appraisal and TAF policy says you can't do what you think is correct or best, then you do have to give way. So far, I am not sure it is a big hindrance to doing appraisals, - although certainly a nuisance because it doesn't give appraisers the security of a good standard. They invariably work in one grey or another at the mercy of the courts and juries. Note: -- it could become a significant problem for appraisers and segments of the population.

There's nothing in USPAP that prevents an appraiser from adding to the minimums of the assignment. You're not allowed to violate the laws, rules or regulations, and you're not allowed to unilaterally blow off "meaningful and not misleading to intended users". Beyond those minimums there is no upper limit to your SR1 or SR2 content.

You don't. understand. You are in one of your bad periods, getting nasty and so on.

I could go down to LA and do a MARS regression on homes in a racially mixed neighborhood, considering interior architecture, design, and the like as a variable. Yes, I could do that. It is quite conceivable my objective MARS regression could come back with lower values in a predominantly white neighborhood for certain designs preferred by one racial group over another - and make negative (or positive) adjustments, except that TAF/USPAP would prevent me from doing that because one could claim that executing such a regression on such and such a choice of variables is racially motivated. I would have to, at the outset, seriously consider going down this route. However, I might hide the deed in a pile of calculations if stubborn enough. Although that would be risky, I would most likely exclude such regression findings from my report, thus lowering the reliability of my value conclusion.

Be patient. One slur at a time. Their next step is to call you a paid shill, and then to accuse you of dorking your vote for payola. Or recreational junketing when attending a meeting in person.
You beat me to it.

You don't. understand. You are in one of your bad periods, getting nasty and so on.

I could go down to LA and do a MARS regression on homes in a racially mixed neighborhood, considering interior architecture, design, and the like as a variable. Yes, I could do that. It is quite conceivable my objective MARS regression could come back with lower values in a predominantly white neighborhood for certain designs preferred by one racial group over another - and make negative (or positive) adjustments, except that TAF/USPAP would prevent me from doing that because one could claim that executing such a regression on such and such a choice of variables is racially motivated. I would have to, at the outset, seriously consider going down this route. However, I might hide the deed in a pile of calculations if stubborn enough. Although that would be risky, I would most likely exclude such regression findings from my report, thus lowering the reliability of my value conclusion.

You don't understand that neither TAF nor USPAP control what your users consider to be meaningful. YOU think your solution makes sense but you are not among the decision makers for that transaction. It's your users who are the decision makers and it's what THEY consider to be meaningful to their usage that counts.

USPAP isn't what stops the users from thinking your analysis is inadequate or your status as an appraiser is insufficient to rely upon. Your main problem is with the users. You should give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:
TAF and their paying unethical stakeholders are doing a good job in protecting the public trust...so good they needed to hire a civil rights lawyer :ROFLMAO:

TAF and their paying unethical stakeholders are doing a good job in protecting the public trust...so good they needed to hire a civil rights lawyer :ROFLMAO:
Seems you have a forest-tree issue

yeah sure get back in line for your monthly jab...

Last edited:
Silly boy who thinks it's the duty of appraisers to make their "clients" happy.

Nope, silly boy, you don't understand the role of an appraiser.

You worship USPAP at times, but you sure sound like you come from a different standards world.

I think your customer clients are eating away at your brain. So slowly but surely.

Chomp, chomp, chomp.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back