• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Regulator wins TAF CEO position

Suffering succotash..... what a flowery, positive, verbal resume that was....
Yeah, it was mostly a rehash of her acceptance speech. At the end of the day I wish her luck, I hope she will be true to her words and trust and transparency will reign. But winter is coming from what I hear, and some say our new masters will be worse. Either way, boots on the ground appraisers have near zero say and zero influence to do anything.

This is bad news for the rouge TAF. If the CFPB is going to take an active role in monitoring TAF and the ASC. Then gone are the days of pay-to-play, backroom deals, lack of transparency, forcing states to adopt the ever-changing USPAP by coercion, etc. TAF should humbly submit to their regulators. Both organizations have done enough damage to the industry. Time to stop thinking about themselves and how much money they milk out of the system.
It will just be great if TAF becomes part of the government. Imagine someone like Marcia Fudge or pothole Pete being appointed to lead the new agency. What could possibly go wrong.

It will just be great if TAF becomes part of the government. Imagine someone like Marcia Fudge or pothole Pete being appointed to lead the new agency. What could possibly go wrong.

If such an event were to occur, it would be the responsibility of TAF, especially considering they have had 35 years to improve the process.

If such an event were to occur, it would be the responsibility of TAF, especially considering they have had 35 years to improve the process.
If TAF becomes a government agency or part of an existing agency. Such an event will occur

Or imagine someone you voted for or have the same political leanings as fixing the mess.

Or imagine someone you voted for or have the same political leanings as fixing the mess.
The point being it will be subject to the political winds. Whichever way they may blow. Can't see how that would be an improvement

The point being it will be subject to the political winds. Whichever way they may blow. Can't see how that would be an improvement
I think he was asking if appraisers voted for the person in charge of TAF. Would that change your mind?

Those winds are blowing now. Not a single person up there just fell out of the sky into whatever seat they are in, a lot of politicking got them there. Think the new lifetime President of TAF isn't a result of politicking?

I get the overall mistrust of national politics and the devil I know attitude. I'm no fan of the 30+ years of TAF, and even less a fan of some in congress now. But at least elected officials will have some say if the whispers are true, and I'm hoping they are the ones I voted for.

I think he was asking if appraisers voted for the person in charge of TAF. Would that change your mind?
That would be a start. Heck, I would settle for at least ONE seat on the BOT to be voted for by the practitioners they regulate. But we all know how that works, look at Pat Turner's effort to be considered for the ASB.

Reactions: Zoe
But at least elected officials will have some say if the whispers are true, and I'm hoping they are the ones I voted for.
It would still be subject to the party in power. I just don't see it as a net positive. I can see more ways where it would be detrimental than positive.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back