• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Regulator wins TAF CEO position

That would be a start. Heck, I would settle for at least ONE seat on the BOT to be voted for by the practitioners they regulate. But we all know how that works, look at Pat Turner's effort to be considered for the ASB.
Yeah, let all of them run for office with licensed appraisers voting them in.

Heck, I would settle for at least ONE seat on the BOT to be voted for by the practitioners they regulate.
Wondering how that would work if TAF was a Federal agency. A national election only open to credentialed appraisers. Talk about clown show and probably unconstitutional

It would still be subject to the party in power. I just don't see it as a net positive. I can see more ways where it would be detrimental than positive.
I get it, and I'm still on the fence. But I mistrust lifetime bureaucrats working with business interests behind closed doors more than I mistrust the opposing party. TAF had 30+ years, I'm not convinced they deserve a day more.

Wondering how that would work if TAF was a Federal agency. A national election only open to credentialed appraisers. Talk about clown show and probably unconstitutional
Well they aren't a federal agency, as they like to point out when questioned. At this point they could change whatever they need to change and have one elected member, probably easier than sending out a survey.

• Haha
Reactions: Zoe
That would be a start. Heck, I would settle for at least ONE seat on the BOT to be voted for by the practitioners they regulate. But we all know how that works, look at Pat Turner's effort to be considered for the ASB.

I suggested having TAF members voted in by practitioners a few weeks ago.

say if someone like j miller decided to write 'standards'...i would follow them and dump the license :ROFLMAO:
Why wait? The AI and at least a couple of the other professional orgs have their own internal standards. And they offer memberships, sell classes and lobby the politicians on behalf of the the business interests of their members. None of which are part of TAF's role. You can go international and earn a RICS designation while you're at it.

I suggested having TAF members voted in by practitioners a few weeks ago.
Do you know why your preferred candidate for the ASB was passed over?

1712015826394.png

Well they aren't a federal agency, as they like to point out when questioned. At this point they could change whatever they need to change and have one elected member, probably easier than sending out a survey.
Okay, You have convinced me. I am good with that. Let's take one step at a time. I can see where you are going. If we can just get one elected member then it is possible we could get 2?

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back