• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Since when are bedroom photos required by fannie mae?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always took 3 bedrooms pics, one looking through entry door, another looking back at the entry from opposite side of room and lastly one of the closet.

Photos of ALL ROOMS inside the subject have been required by all lenders I've worked with since about 2010 (it was one of the big changes post-Crash).

Every room shown on your sketch better have a photo in the report or you'll get a quick revision request asking for it. If you are a Trainee as your profile indicates, remember this: Its not only what Fannie and Freddie require - its what your client (the lender) requires - which can often add additional requirements.

Last edited:
I
I always took 3 bedrooms pics, one looking through entry door, another looking back at the entry from opposite side of room and lastly one of the closet.
Agree more is better. The bad appraisers are the ones who always took less pics for obvious reasons....trying to hide something.....

Now, more is better to protect yourself.

That being said, how do you label them without confusing the AMC checkers and UW?

I use to take double photos and it would confuse the heck out of them. You have two pics of the kitchen, but only one kitchen is on the sketch. After getting steps, I had to dumb it down....

I

Agree more is better. The bad appraisers are the ones who always took less pics for obvious reasons....trying to hide something.....

Now, more is better to protect yourself.

That being said, how do you label them without confusing the AMC checkers and UW?

I use to take double photos and it would confuse the heck out of them. You have two pics of the kitchen, but only one kitchen is on the sketch. After getting steps, I had to dumb it down....

You label the photos "Kitchen", "Kitchen View 2", "Kitchen View 3", etc. etc. Never had a question doing it that way.

How nice to work for banks or private and not secondary market. I have one I am working one. Will have street view, shop, pool, rear and front. The interior shots will be the kitchen, rear porch and living room - 1 bed 1 bath - the rest are for my file. My clients trust me.

The bad appraisers are the ones who always took less pics for obvious reasons....trying to hide something.....
Completely disagree. That's the same as saying 'any appraiser who only takes one picture of the bedroom is committing fraud'. Simply not true. On the contrary, I believe the 'one bedroom photo' folks are just being expedient (or lazy, although that's not the case personally). Unless there is reason to take additional photos of a bedroom, what purpose does it serve to take multiple bedroom pics?

Completely disagree. That's the same as saying 'any appraiser who only takes one picture of the bedroom is committing fraud'. Simply not true. On the contrary, I believe the 'one bedroom photo' folks are just being expedient (or lazy, although that's not the case personally). Unless there is reason to take additional photos of a bedroom, what purpose does it serve to take multiple bedroom pics?
And to your point, taking 3 pics of one bedroom can lead to a major a** pain on the backend (no pun intended) with reviewers and underwriters suggesting that "photos indicate there are more than 4 bedrooms, as stated in the grid, please revise".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back