• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The Appraisal Subcommittee Busted

Citation needed. That which is presented without evidence or reason can be dismissed on the same basis. This is what you have alleged:

Holy ****, there’s no bigger liar I’ve heard in this profession than your buddy. A few other Revaa spokesman and various AMC chiefs have come close.
So lets see some of those lies or untruths that you are alleging.

If your primary argument is that he took a job with an AMC or with Fannie and that simply doing that is inherently immoral then the next question that comes up is who you think that AMC and that GSE should have sought to work those jobs instead? A non-appraiser? An appraiser-in-name-only whose entire career has been adminstrative on a lender's staff? Someone from Joan Trice's target market? An incompetent with both appraisal practice and appraisal standards? A one-trick-pony whose expertise only extends to how to fill out a 1004 and doesn't extend one inch deeper than that? A quant who thinks appraisals can be reconciled down to the last dollar via black box analytics?

Enlighten us. Because no matter what, the AMC and the GSE would not have simply ceased operations thereby sending all that work back to your MB clients. They would have proceeded with whoever else was available. Your situation wouldn't have improved in any way. I daresay the "racist appraisers" trope has been significantly blunted by the more even handed treatment of these issues that DW has promulgated over there. Maybe you think things couldn't be worse than they are now, but I disagree.

Last edited:
Holy ****, there’s no bigger liar I’ve heard in this profession than your buddy. A few other Revaa spokesman and various AMC chiefs have come close.

it is unbelievable....i give credit to the AMC/crn/revaa/taf shills...they stick together :rof: :rof: :rof:

i can never tell which position DW is speaking from...the gse waiver king, asb chair, or a revaa rep :ROFLMAO:

Citation needed. That which is presented without evidence or reason can be dismissed on the same basis. This is what you have alleged:

So lets see some of those lies or untruths that you are alleging.

If your primary argument is that he took a job with an AMC or with Fannie and that simply doing that is inherently immoral then the next question that comes up is who you think that AMC and that GSE should have sought to work those jobs instead? A non-appraiser? An appraiser-in-name-only whose entire career has been adminstrative on a lender's staff? Someone from Joan Trice's target market? An incompetent with both appraisal practice and appraisal standards? A one-trick-pony whose expertise only extends to how to fill out a 1004 and doesn't extend one inch deeper than that? A quant who thinks appraisals can be reconciled down to the last dollar via black box analytics?

Enlighten us. Because no matter what, the AMC and the GSE would not have simply ceased operations thereby sending all that work back to your MB clients. They would have proceeded with whoever else was available. Your situation wouldn't have improved in any way. I daresay the "racist appraisers" trope has been significantly blunted by the more even handed treatment of these issues that DW has promulgated over there. Maybe you think things couldn't be worse than they are now, but I disagree.

pucker up...you two related...are you married to his sister or something :ROFLMAO:

i could name one lie easily...he said service stinks didn't throw personal identification information in the dumpster...still owes me a cigar for that whopper:rof::rof::rof:

I'll take your word for it. Now can you tell me how that allegation fits in with your "corruption" and conspiracy themes? Or how it relates to appraiser fees or the manner in which they choose appraisers?

And FTR, if someone on this forum accused you of rubber stamping appraisals I'd challenge them to make their case before I actually believed them. Them saying you do assignments for BofA and stringing up a bunch of legal judgements about BofA removing ATMs or not making loans in minority neighborhoods wouldn't mean anything to me WRT allegations of an appraiser's misconduct.

Every time some race/social justice reported puts up another "appraisers are racists" account I always go to lengths to figure out whether the allegation might possibly be true before I form the opinion as to what actually happened. I do that rather than jump straight to a final judgment on the wholly unformed basis. Or I at least make the attempt to do so.

Last edited:
At the expo, I was talking to some FNMA rep at their booth. They were talking about the errors that they continuously see on appraisals. I asked how these errors got past their middleman AMC so often? They didn’t talk to me after that anymore.

At the expo, I was talking to some FNMA rep at their booth. They were talking about the errors that they continuously see on appraisals. I asked how these errors got past their middleman AMC so often? They didn’t talk to me after that anymore.
Yeah, I know the feeling. More than once I mentioned what's happening with fees, not a single answer.

Is she delusional? Expanding the dream? Stakeholders???? Sweetheart, the stakeholders ask appraisers to violate USPAP on a daily basis. No one will get into an industry that the banking oligarchs and hedge fund managers have taken over.

1725387388076.png

I'm not an AI member so its none of my business which way the mgt there decides to go. What I will say is that when some of their members are already complaining about being ignored or their legitimate concerns are being trivialized, telling them to stop sowing division or stop seeking to attribute blame if/when there is blame probably isn't going to result in an increase in consensus or unity.

I think the way to address the concerns that many appraisers share is to do so directly. Confront those themes and examine and discuss the factors that are actually in play and how they came to influence this outcome to that extent. Argument to reason, not argument to motive or to status.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back