• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

The Appraisal Subcommittee Busted

That letter sounds like it was typed with her chair on the trap door above the Shark Tank. With an elite with his/her finger on the button ready to drop her in if she didn't go with the narrative.

Expanding the dream to previously "unengaged" diverse communities. :oops:

So they're engaged now???

So when you proletarians go to one one to these trade shows. Do you get a chance to speak with any of the Big Dog bourgeoisie?

So when you proletarians go to one one to these trade shows. Do you get a chance to speak with any of the Big Dog bourgeoisie?

It appears that the proletarians get the cold shoulder when you ask the oligarchs uncomfortable questions. Could their conscience be bothering them? Nah they don’t have a conscious to begin with.

FTR,

ChatGPT says:

"In its broadest meaning, "corruption" in the general public refers to dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery. It encompasses a wide range of unethical behaviors by individuals in government, businesses, or other positions of authority, where they misuse their power for personal gain or to favor specific interests at the expense of the public good. This can include actions like embezzlement, nepotism, patronage, graft, and influence peddling.

Corruption is often seen as detrimental to societal and economic development because it erodes trust in institutions, hinders fair competition, and diverts resources away from public services. It can affect all levels of society and government, from local to global, and is a critical issue in both public governance and corporate management.

FTR (2):

"Patronage, in the context of political and administrative terms, refers to the power of appointment to positions or the distribution of favors or advantages, such as public office, jobs, contracts, subsidies, or other state benefits, by government officials. The term is often used negatively when these decisions are based primarily on personal and political relationships rather than on merit, qualifications, or competitive processes.

In essence, patronage involves supporting or promoting certain individuals or groups over others as a reward for their loyalty, support, or political alliance. This practice can lead to inefficiencies and corruption in government and other organizations if it supersedes objective and fair decision-making processes."

FTR(3)

The most common form of corruption in the appraisal profession is "patronage." AKA "birds of a feather flock together." or "One bad apple spoils the barrel." or "You scrach my back, I'll scratch yours."

We have a big barrel in the appraisal profession.

Essentially, the leaders in the profession, those who have the most lucrative and easy jobs, spend all their time sitting in a hot tub with other so-called leaders, scrubbing their backs, one after another, rather than getting real work done. ... Why would they want to work, when the rewards of doing nothing are so much more enjoyable? Of course it is a decadent system that will eventually fail. ( And the sooner, the better. )

Last edited:
The Expo was a complete bomb. Their lead speaker had a complete meltdown and panic attack on stage. This was a sign that he should not have been there.

I didn't go because the scheduled sessions looked absolutely boring. Same ol', same ol'. But come to think of it, Trump seems boring to me nowadays. (Is there something wrong with me, I keep thinking?) He was so exiciting in 2016, - and I enjoyed that election. But, perhaps he is burned out after all the legal proceedings, the impeachment, or that members of his prior cabinet don't endorse him because he can't "bring people together" and accusations he tries to be a dictator who demands absolute loyalty and so on and so forth, and God I am really getting tired of his rants.
But, Kamala Harris, that idiot?

It has to be boring, 'cause I just don't want to think about it, I have better things to do.

Will I go to the August Annual AI Conference? October 18. They have the schedule. All the usual dumb ****s. I will predict exactly what they are going to say, pretty much. But, I guess I need to go to confirm my suspicions - if it is not too expensive anyway. But, I will go with an open mind. Maybe we will hear some innovative ideas. Some proposed solutions. My guess is that the speakers don't know the problems being faced, to have any solutions. It will be blah, blah, blah. You really can't expect more.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back