• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

'The Sky is Falling' Narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.
My position is Politicians and Citizens who talk Social Justice need to live and work in their communities or shut-up.. Thinking... Thinking... Thinking... Gee I can't think of one social justice warrior who holds office who actually lives in their constituents neighborhood.
and to be concerned with climate change one has to live in a cave. Same stupid premise, different issue.

I get it, you don't care and injustice doesn't affect you.

So when CNN or Fox gets caught lying or putting their thumb on objectivity scale they undermine their own legitimacy. For which I have zero sympathy. These "legitimate" outlets aren't entitled to any advantage in credibility except to the extent to which they prove themselves in every piece they run. Same as any appraiser.

As is also the case with a social media outlet. If they're going to engage in editing beyond the most basic limitations of criminal conduct then their credibility can never be assumed, but must be earned.

i get the analogy, My comment towards Journalist of all types print, other media its not always about what they say or how they say ....it is often what they don't say or what they don't print(ignore). Journalist are masters of the Language. They are experts at taking things out of context. They often Quote but fail to indicate that quote is missing key information an example proper way is this "....such as this'" "this is improper" Now writers like to write in a way that motivates you to read more. Cool I get that. That's how they make their money. So called TV Journalist often condense what they say. They have time constraints. OK i get that. They also bend the rules...They make their opinion sound as if its fact. The do this by leaving out key details and quoting people out of context or just plainly putting the words in a different order.

All the National network talking heads do this, Doesn't matter which network it is... They love to use other Talking heads from Government. This supposedly legitimizes what is being said. Well yes and no!

I do try to get different points of view. I can tell you non stop Russia racist Russia racist Russia doesn't go anywhere with me. The old Adage is repeat something enough times will raise questions in a persons mind. Like; Maybe there is something to that. This doesn't work on me. For that matter it actually pushes me in the opposite direction.

I am not registered anything, per my County Election Board. They Identify me as "unaffiliated" LOL So in my own silly way of trying to make a difference I sometimes Vote Democrat. I do this in the Primaries. In my state you can cross back and forth. So when a real dummy is running as an opponent to Democrat Incumbent Primary, I cross over and vote for the democrat dummy. My Republican Rep is safe anyway. Call it silly , call it what you want, but its the only time I probably have any influence with my one vote.

Politically I favor Civil Libertarians...I fancy one myself...Problem is most people don't think this way. For example, I don't give a Rats patooey what a woman does with her body, Just Don't expect me to pay for it. I am agnostic; I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of any God! I favor politicians who do indeed make effort to create an environment of prosperity for all to take advantage of. To me Less Government is always better. I favor Voter ID with a Picture of ur dumazz. My state has tried and tried to do thisbut because the Republicans are stupid they get beat up by the court. All they have to do is make it free for every citizen and make it easier to access a Voter ID place. That destroys all arguments by the left against Voter ID. I favor Voter rights being restored to a Convicted Felon once they complete their sentence.

i could go on and on...but i won't bore you anymore.

Just Don't expect me to pay for it.

This is the ridiculous notion of the TEA party (now the so-called Freedom Caucus.) Freedom. Freedom from the nominal amount of contribution to the benefit of living in a society. Your taxes go into a pool for use on many things. To disaggregate portions of your taxes for things you don't like or agree with makes the entire system meaningless.

I don't particularly like my tax dollar going to the vice presidents stay at POTUS' luxury golf property while reputedly on official diplomatic business in Poland (so POTUS could play golf in VA while protecting the east coast from a C5 hurricane that he's never heard of happening... no one has.)

Note: Trying my best to get thread shut down. lol

Last edited:
This is the ridiculous notion of the TEA party (now the so-called Freedom Caucus.) Freedom. Freedom from the nominal amount of contribution to the benefit of living in a society. Your taxes go into a pool for use on many things. To disaggregate portions of your taxes for things you don't like or agree with makes the entire system meaningless.

I don't particularly like my tax dollar going to the vice presidents stay at POTUS' luxury golf property while reputedly on official diplomatic business in Poland (so POTUS could play golf in VA while protecting the east coast from a C5 hurricane that he's never heard of happening... no one has.)

Note: Trying my best to get thread shut down. lol

you should read up on the actual law! Joe Biden agreed with it....we don't pay for it ...but it is paid for for certain income class of people. Something along those lines or indirectly via fed money going to an organization like Panned Parenthood where they take part of their budget.

What's wrong with Planned Parenthood? They provide vital services for women.

You don't pay for OPs abortions. It is an allocation from the taxes you pay. In the long run, it saves money.

Your taxes go into a pool for use on many things. To disaggregate portions of your taxes for things you don't like or agree with makes the entire system meaningless.

Nonsense!

The desire to disaggregate is what shapes policies in the minds of voters.

I don't throw my money and then not watch how it's spent, do you?

RW hyperbole.

No debating with some people.

Aside from appraisal, I think you're a whacked out dude.

Same here. :)

But go argue with AOC.

Social justice is a human issue. Saying that basic social justice should vary by community is saying that social justice is meaningless.

What is happening to America?
NO LIVE IT do not use it as a political way to raise funds !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back