• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

'The Sky is Falling' Narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the USGS says:

Unlike the hot springs of Iceland, the hot springs in Greenland are not due to volcanic activity. It appears that the water is heated by deep layers in the earth's crust rubbing against each other. I'm sure the worldwide club of "Viewed icebergs while sitting in hot springs" is very small.

Not oil, gas, global warming hot air.

Coal, oil, and gas do not move the earth's crust.

It's a warming ocean that is a major factor:

And it is not likely subterranean heat - that has been around forever.

Not too worry, there are plenty of things to use coal and oil for other than energy:

Gas, oil and goal are better used for producing carbon fiber and environmentally friendly plastics. A billion robots working for us in space and outer planets will take a lot of hydrocarbons.

The basic process for producing carbon fiber is Gas/Shale/Coal/Oil --> propylene --> acrylonitrile + petro products --> carbon fiber --> bones for robots.

With a billion robots in outer space, new worlds can be created .... Mars, Pluto, sundry moons and small planets in the Kuiper belt and beyond.

Think forward, not backward.

Elliott says: "I heard that some think there could be a recession because of declining global interest rates and the inverted yield curve."

Bert hears: "No Ernie, the reason for receding glaciers in Greenland is temperature change and warming ocean waves."

: )

It's a warming ocean that is a major factor:

And it is not likely subterranean heat - that has been around forever.

Not too worry, there are plenty of things to use coal and oil for other than energy:

Gas, oil and goal are better used for producing carbon fiber and environmentally friendly plastics. A billion robots working for us in space and outer planets will take a lot of hydrocarbons.

The basic process for producing carbon fiber is Gas/Shale/Coal/Oil --> propylene --> acrylonitrile + petro products --> carbon fiber --> bones for robots.

With a billion robots in outer space, new worlds can be created .... Mars, Pluto, sundry moons and small planets in the Kuiper belt and beyond.

Think forward, not backward.

Rising Seas are for po'folks

1566569310972.png

But feel free to move to another planet,
Maybe even build the first shopping mall there.
And, wait on your Amazon deliveries in the meantime.

Last edited:
Elliott says: "I heard that some think there could be a recession because of declining global interest rates and the inverted yield curve."

Bert hears: "No Ernie, the reason for receding glaciers in Greenland is temperature change and warming ocean waves."

: )

And while the economy here is "favorable"
globally, it's very slow and globalization will drag us in to it.

If every one of us made pizzas for every other one of us, we could be at full employment,
with "strong consumers" buying pizzas,
but,
it really won't be a "good" economy.

Rising Seas are for po'folks

View attachment 41364

But feel free to move to another planet,
Maybe even build the first shopping mall there.

I dunno - that property looks mighty close to the rising ocean. I guess the buyers didn't get the memo that the ocean is going to rise another 20ft in the next 30 years.

I dunno - that property looks mighty close to the rising ocean. I guess the buyers didn't get the memo that the ocean is going to rise another 20ft in the next 30 years.
Quibble about the timeframe, but it is happening--there is ample scientific evidence that some can continue to ignore. But then they say that ignorance is bliss! Be happy!

FED Powell says all clear for now, no worries.

In what appears to be a last minute rewrite of his speech following today's Chinese retaliation, Powell calls attention to an “eventful” three weeks since the July FOMC meeting, highlighting negative developments, including:

1. The announcement of new tariffs on imports from China.
  2. Further evidence of a global slowdown, notably in Germany and China. Geopolitical events have been much in the news, including the growing possibility of a hard Brexit, rising tensions in Hong Kong, and the dissolution of the Italian government. Financial markets have reacted strongly to this complex, turbulent picture. Equity markets have been volatile.
  3. Long-term bond rates around the world have moved down sharply to near post-crisis lows.
And yet, despite the global slowdown, "the U.S. economy has continued to perform well overall, driven by consumer spending. Job creation has slowed from last year’s pace but is still above overall labor force growth. Inflation seems to be moving up closer to 2 percent."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back