• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

'The Sky is Falling' Narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Continued to perform well" however when the last recession was officially announced in 2007, there had only been two rate cuts and stocks were only 3% down from all time highs.

I dunno - that property looks mighty close to the rising ocean. I guess the buyers didn't get the memo that the ocean is going to rise another 20ft in the next 30 years.

29 beach front acres.

I wonder if there will be federal grant available for beach frontage sand replacement.

Quibble about the timeframe, but it is happening--there is ample scientific evidence that some can continue to ignore. But then they say that ignorance is bliss! Be happy!

Yup,
it is ignorant to believe that po'folks can still live on beach front lots,
when they can be scared into selling at a discount, because Neptune will take his revenge on them.

I never wonder how the dark ages happened.

Last edited:
I dunno - that property looks mighty close to the rising ocean. I guess the buyers didn't get the memo that the ocean is going to rise another 20ft in the next 30 years.

Notice it doesn't have any solar panels?

Ghee I wonder if it's electricity free.

Quibble about the timeframe, but it is happening--there is ample scientific evidence that some can continue to ignore. But then they say that ignorance is bliss! Be happy!

Hint: It's not the really about their perception of the irony of the buyer vs. the buyer's prior policies.

Meanwhile, the Amazonian heat sink is on fire releasing stored carbons while at the same time reducing the ability to scrub carbons. Set on fire by farmers in support of their leaders notions about industrial scale farming and development.

This is off topic, ha ha,

1566577386765.png

On the Brazilian fires!!

The fires have been releasing a large amount of carbon dioxide, the equivalent of 228 megatonnes so far this year, according to Cams, the highest since 2010.
They are also emitting carbon monoxide - a gas released when wood is burned and does not have much access to oxygen.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-49433767

We're talking nuclear bomb levels when we get to megatons. I've always thought it was ironic the extent we worry about pollution when a volcano, forest fire, floods, refinery fire, all seem to pretty much undue the efforts we take to 'save the planet.'

Latest forecast: 2.2 percent — August 16, 2019

The GDPNow model estimate for real GDP growth (seasonally adjusted annual rate) in the third quarter of 2019 is 2.2 percent on August 16, unchanged from August 15 after rounding. After this morning's new residential construction report from the U.S. Census Bureau, the nowcast of third-quarter real residential investment growth increased from -1.2 percent to 0.7 percent.

With current mess going on with China, future GDP will be declining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back