Look what they done to my appraisal job, ma
Look what they done to my appraisal job
Well, it's the only thing that I could do half right
And it's turning out all wrong, ma
Look what they done to my appraisal job
Look what they done to my brain, ma
Look what they done to my brain
Well, they picked it like a chicken bone
And I think I'm half insane, ma
Look what they done to my appraisal job
Well, if I could find a real good book
I'd never have to come out and look at
What they done to my appraisal job
Look what they done to my appraisal job
Look what they done to my appraisal job, ma
Look what they done to my appraisal job, ma
Well, they tied it up in a plastic bag
Turned it upside down, ma
Look what they done to my appraisal job
Look what they done to my appraisal job, ma
Ma, look what they done to my appraisal job
It's the only thing I could do alright
And they turned it upside down, oh ma
Look what they done to my appraisal job
But maybe it'll all be alright, ma
Maybe it'll all be okay
Well, if the people are buying tears
I'll be rich someday, ma
Look what they done to my appraisal job
But maybe it'll all be alright, ma
If only Melanie Safka was still writing songs today.