• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Who advocates for the appraiser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandmastergdogg

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Maryland
boxing-winner-loser-2.jpg

Appraisers are under tons of rules, regulations, requirements and the list goes on. There are many ways AMCs, Lenders and government agencies and even individual borrowers can protect themselves from a "bad" appraiser. Who or what government agency protects the appraiser themselves from bad actors, predatory AMCs/Lenders? Of course I am aware its on us, but we are ants walking among giants. We are asked to bid aka fight with other appraisers to receive orders, AMCs can charge you fees to submit your work, hidden fees for accepting the order and nickle and diming us trying to find anyone to do the work for the absolute lowest rate possible, only to wait 30+ days to get paid. No other industry operates like this.
Can appraisers somehow unite and say collectively we will not accept fees below X amount, that appraisers should NOT have to pay fees to submit work you are paying US for. Fees must be paid upon receipt and review. Stop responding to bid requests, etc? I see and hear many valid complaints about our industry but how do we expect any change if we do not unite and put our collective foot down? Is this just a pipe dream? Maybe I am just venting but other than this forum, can anyone recommend a group that advocates for OUR interests? Its easy to silence ans individual, impossible to silence a collective.

maybe the question should of have been who doesn't advocate for appraisers

ummmm

the media, taf, state boards, AI, regulators, borrowers, lenders, AMC, realtors, Mr. and Mrs. GSE, and even some AF posters :rof:
:rof: :rof:

Last edited:
Appraisers have to be willing to pay for/fund advocacy....

I still get these low appraisal fee orders from this AMC and I ignore them. What's different this time is that there's a tech fee. WTF
Net appraiser fee is even lower than before. How low can it go.

Biggest mistake AI made was leaving NAR - back in the 80's
Before my time. Didn't know AI was ever in NAR. Bad move on AI. Thought too elitist over agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back