• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

You know you're getting old when

When at 50 the waitress at Village Inn asks if you have your AARP card.

When you have to bring your readers into a restaurant to see the menu.

When you have to have your 12 year old read the labels or instructions on most things, without readers.

When you have 12 plus sets of readers around your house and in your cars but cant find one, only to realize the last one is on top of your head.

When several times daily your gf/wife says something to you and you ask "Did you just say pillon the floggernot or the noosbergfin" or something equally nonsensical because peoples words get garbled if they aren't speaking directly to you.

The PC term would be "crotch rocket".
Crotch rockets usually describe the super fast sport motorcycles that are great for killing yourself on. Suzuki, Yamaha, Ducati. Rice burners are usually the little souped up Yapanese cars that a certain segment of our population enhances, pulls the exhaust, usually drops and then races around being d*****bags like theyre cool. All the while I just laugh internally thinking theyre playing urban race car driver in a Civic or Supra..

Crotch rockets usually describe the super fast sport motorcycles that are great for killing yourself on. Suzuki, Yamaha, Ducati. Rice burners are usually the little souped up Yapanese cars that a certain segment of our population enhances, pulls the exhaust, usually drops and then races around being d*****bags like theyre cool. All the while I just laugh internally thinking theyre playing urban race car driver in a Civic or Supra..
I blame "The Fast and Furious" franchise for that. I quit driving I-24 because those "Tokyo Drift" wannabes scare the hell out of me, lol

When everything hurts but the things that don't work

When my wife says I look old and criticize my gray hair, aging eyes, and sagging face. :(
That's a problem when you have a younger wife.

it took a while for me to stop trying to find the view finder on my digital camera. i'm still not crazy about using my phone camera, only when direly needed.
also wondering why the cell phone never leaves my daughter's hand.

Most can't be that old, not talking about hearing aids yet. ... Just wait. What did you say? I still can't understand. What did she say? That's the worst - you can't hear what your wife is yelling about and she keeps throwing fits because you can't hear her from the floor below. And now we are in the realm of Telecoils and the like.

Last edited:
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back