• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

You know you're getting old when

Today at the gym, I had to lower the weights I normally lift. The lower weights felt better.
Is that how it is when one gets old?

You're only as old as you feel and act
I feel I can cut the grass on my rental but it's getting harder and heavier.
I think my sciatic nerve happened after I cut the grass early this month.
I may have to spend $40 for my gardener to cut it.

I feel I can cut the grass on my rental but it's getting harder and heavier.
I think my sciatic nerve happened after I cut the grass early this month.
I may have to spend $40 for my gardener to cut it.
I have to cut and trim 2 acres and I am a bit older than you

Well I'm almost 77:

You're retired. You don't need to work. You do what you want, you say what you think (except less with relatives and maybe old friends).

You're getting tired of BS. Well, we can say you are just getting cranky, - but it is really more than that.

You can probably still lift weights, but are slowly learning not to overdue it because:

1. Recovery takes longer.
2. And the older you get, the longer the recovery takes.

Which in turn forces you to reduce the amount of strenuous activity you do - unless you never really did as much as you could - which, in at least some instances, - may allow you to push yourself further -- and then hope you don't run into a bad day where that can cause some kind of heart attack - like a silent bullet coming out of nowhere.

Your joints and bones start causing problems with nerves, but if you are smart you can probably adjust to that - for awhile.

You learn to compensate so many things: Do exercise every hour or so, like lifting 2x20lb dumbbells 10 times from the floor to overhead, arms out to the side or forward, walk, jog 3 time/week. Rest, meditate, listen to lots of music. Try to do a better job of tolerating other people around you - for what that is worth.

Reactions: DTB
I have to cut and trim 2 acres and I am a bit older than you
Over the weekend, a solitcitor said he could trim my two trees and wanted $350.
I said for $125 cash, he can do it.
When he was done in about 30 minutes, he didn't cut as much as I wanted. Ugh.
Next time I have to be more specific in what I want done. What a minute. No more next time if that guy comes around.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back