• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ANSI Standard Z765-2021 whole foot measurement question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't keep teaching you children.

And the comparable is reported in what measurement??
That you did not measure
NO MEASURE Comps: Can't & Not Expected to: It's Great we don't have to DO that too, right?
Not Sure That's a Thing. Verify:: from the Reporting Source. Hey Agent Did you or a professional do the measuring? Pro: Oh Good!
I'll Document That as THE Credible Source.
Simple & Compliant.

Certain posters should read the op again. It isn't about whether or not you used 10' or 10.0' . The client is questioning the actual measurements all being to the foot. In other words. They don't believe the appraiser's measurements

I got a revision like that and looked at my sketch. None of my measurements were to the whole foot. Clearly I followed Ansi. I have also done a few homes where the dimensions were to the who foot. This whole thing is a joke.

I got a revision like that and looked at my sketch. None of my measurements were to the whole foot. Clearly I followed Ansi. I have also done a few homes where the dimensions were to the who foot. This whole thing is a joke.
It truly is, that person that mismeasured, but mismeasured to the 1/10th of a foot is better than the person who rounded from 10.1 to 10 feet. PDC that completely mismeasures is good.

Last edited:
Maybe it's my street smart or common sense, but most measurements are not to the whole foot unless it's a simple box shape.
If measurement is 50 feet and 1 inch, state that exactly and not round off. The one inch is insignificant but ANSI requires it.
If your measurements are all whole foot, I also wondered the likelihood of such numbers.
When you do appraisals, you should leave less doubt to reader of your skills in following what is required.

i do mostly row homes that always measure to the foot, sometimes a half foot. but i like this discussion because i was not writing 10' 0". have to change that on the drawing program. i like the under the hood answers to a stupid request, good to learn now than later. i measure to the inch. some smart people here. builder's on the whole don't build homes in anything but the foot, or half foot, construction. i would think the various contractors would go insane with a 40 foot 3 inch architectural plan.
since you got that question, i would have the same answer in every report on my drawing, 'measured to the nearest 10th, or inch'.

Certain posters should read the op again. It isn't about whether or not you used 10' or 10.0' . The client is questioning the actual measurements all being to the foot. In other words. They don't believe the appraiser's measurements
YEP obviously may be THAT.
Or in a quick Post just try to HELP others with ideas. A Simple COMMENT on what ya' did. Therefore, no questions, revisions, or delays. :flowers:

Okay children. Don't round to the nearest foot using ansi. That is your lesson for today.

This person needs to keep this client. Don't fork it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back