• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Asked AI ChatGPT if AI was going to Replace Appraisers...here is what it said back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The model doesn't want to make controversial political statements and it doesn't want to tell you about whether or not some specific statement by a politician is a lie. It will only answer affirmatively if the lie is egregious, like the examples I used.

There are ways to 'trick ask' the AI to get answers that the creators don't want you to receive. Supposedly someone made a phishing website using ChatGPT.

It's obviously going to have a harder time with current or more recent events.

View attachment 71781

View attachment 71780

View attachment 71779

View attachment 71783
I think its a pretty egregious lie that if the president did his job 0 people would of died from COVID. You are claiming Joe Biden has no egregious lies?

I think its a pretty egregious lie that if the president did his job 0 people would of died from COVID. You are claiming Joe Biden has no egregious lies?
LOL. No. I'm just saying that you're overreacting to the beta test of some gizmo. Joe Biden sucks and tells lies like all politicians. He's also super old and probably forgets where he is. I wouldn't trust ChatGPT to tell me whether politicians tell the truth. Just ask the Chat questions about the topic. All politicians lie. It's decent with historical quotes. It fails here, unfortunately.

1674428600382.png

LOL. No. I'm just saying that you're overreacting to the beta test of some gizmo. Joe Biden sucks and tells lies like all politicians. He's also super old and probably forgets where he is. I wouldn't trust ChatGPT to tell me whether politicians tell the truth. Just ask the Chat questions about the topic. All politicians lie. It's decent with historical quotes. It fails here, unfortunately.

View attachment 71788
Well I'm showing you its based on what it is fed which seems biased.

Has anyone asked the program a question such as....
Do AMCs have any positive impact on residential appraising industry....

HUD cited examples of appraisal bias where appraisers’ city/neighborhood descriptions included race stats, which were clearly just copy and pasted from Wikipedia and City Data. I think asking AI to write neighborhood descriptions is lazy and it could result in similar issues. If a client can go to a chatbot to get the analysis, what value is the appraiser actually providing by just parroting the chatbot?

I agree it might be useful as an editor for those who have a difficult time communicating. But if you already know how to write then I think it’s a time suck, because it sometimes produces garbage.

I believe I t is naive to think chatbot can’t/won’t be programmed to support a political or commercial agenda.
Exactly, Elon Musk and Bill Gates investing billions, puhleese. You might as well ask Alexa and Siri dumb questions and let Bezos and the reincarnated Steve Jobs (Apple), Google have access to your greatest fears and the meaning of life. Go see Megan at the movies for AI scares! People program this crap and all these platforms follow everything you browse or do for your cash and marketing.

My wife asked me for the New York Times clam chowder recipe for dinner tonight...much quicker and easier to follow than Google results which litters the page with ads and algo populated trash you have to read through. GPT just pukes out the answer, nothing else. It is pretty cool in a lot of ways. Where it leads us........dunno

The recipe if anyone wanted... :)

The New York Times has several clam chowder recipes available on their website. Here is one recipe for traditional New England-style clam chowder:

Ingredients:

4 cups shucked clams (about 2 dozen)
4 cups fish stock or clam juice
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups diced potatoes
1 cup diced onions
1 cup diced celery
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:

Drain the clams, reserving the juice. Chop the clams and set aside.
In a large pot, bring the fish stock or clam juice to a boil.
In a separate pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to make a roux.
Slowly add the potatoes, onions, and celery to the roux and cook until the vegetables are tender.
Gradually stir in the milk, cream, and reserved clam juice. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until thickened.
Add the chopped clams and parsley to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve hot with crackers or bread.
Please note that this recipe is subject to change as per the publication date you are referring to.
This is the type of stuff it should be used for, just like Google, Alexa, etc. Don't give Big Brother your motivation information or insecurities.

So it is biased based based on the books, articles, websites and other forms of content it is given. It is well documented that Joe Biden has lied many times in his decades in politics, but it was probably just not fed those sources.
If a politician's mouth is moving, he's lying, read my lips...we all know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back