• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Bidumbnomics

Hopefully, that practice of rewarding aliens at the expense of the citizenry will come to an end in the future. It isn't sustainable debt wise, and it certainly isn't going to be a popular dinner time topic during a sour election season.
In CA, 1 of 3 are on Medicaid. That's a lot of poor people and illegals are small fraction. Since they are here, it's human decency to treat them regardless of income or status.

In CA, 1 of 3 are on Medicaid. That's a lot of poor people and illegals are small fraction. Since they are here, it's human decency to treat them regardless of income or status.
Illegals make up approx. 12% of those on Medicaid in CA. Not hardly a "small" fraction

It is decent to take care of them, but ignoring the financial burden of legal citizens of low-income the illegal alien displaces is not humane.

It is decent to take care of them, but ignoring the financial burden of legal citizens of low-income the illegal alien displaces is not humane.
Displacement? Poor people don't pay much taxes. The top 10% funds most government programs.

Displacement? Poor people don't pay much taxes. The top 10% funds most government programs.
WTF are you talking about. It has nothing to do with taxes. It has to do with taking care of your own first. SMH

Yes, illegals are taking the jobs of legal citizens, according to compiled government data. Losing your job to another individual is called displacement. I don't know what it is called when the other is not a citizen besides criminal.

WTF are you talking about. It has nothing to do with taxes. It has to do with taking care of your own first. SMH
When politicians have power to charge high taxes, they have means to fund their programs.
CA has a budget deficit and has to be realistic in cutting and be more mindful in their spending. Less Covid funding from Federal government.
Thus, prior generous spending for the poor has been stopped or "delayed".
Newsome had to be creative in "moving money" around in balancing the budget especially using rainy day fund.
Good that Democrats see they don't have unlimited money to spend.

I know the inflation is out of control based upon the playground that I operate in. However, since mrs. DTB had lady surgery lat week, I've been running the household. Poorly I might add.

During this time I've been doing the grocery shopping and picking up takeout. Normally I operate our finances from 10,000 feet but this week was a brutal eye opener.

I don't like these prices but can afford them fortunately. I wonder and worry a bit about how long many people can tolerate this. Nov 5 can't come quick enough.

Good luck to all.

I do most of the food shopping and cooking, so I can attest that it isn't remotely cheap anymore. I bought six 1 1/2" grass-fed filets at Whole Foods a couple of weeks ago for a dinner party and it came to $108 just for the meat. For day-to-day cooking, I've gotten creative and started cooking more vegetables and less meat protein. The other night, we made some baked potatoes, twice baked with butter, sour cream, heavy whipping cream, thin slices of gouda cheese, bacon bits, and little slices of guava fruit for sweetness laid across the top then sprinkled with chives. The wife loves my baked potatoes. It may have cost $10 to $15 bucks for two, and we could only eat half of each potato, leftovers for breakfast.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back