• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

CG PAREA Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messaging you
Not interested in a "private" conversation. You started the thread with "Greetings friends" and then proceeded to insult those that disagree with your endeavor.

No I'm going to send you the letter that is a document so you can read the outline and points. standby.
Why not post it for all to see.
 
Greetings, friends.
I have been asked by the appraisal institute to draft a letter to the AQB and AF indicating the need for an online program for CG. In this letter, I will need signatures and testimonies of those that wish to have this training and education made available to them, but have been blocked. Is there anyone here that would like to sign this petition? And perhaps include a personal testimony? You don't have to do both. You can only sign if you'd like. We need to get this rolling soon so please pass this note around to all of your appraiser friends that you think might want to sign this. Anyone that would like to be a part of it will need to post some form of contact information here for me to reach out to you when the time comes.
Ask them why was it dropped in 2016 (see attached)? And remind them that PAREA was sold as a solution to diversify residential appraisers, and the only field less diverse is commercial appraisers. It's time to practice what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

PAREA First Exposure Draft.jpg
 
Thank you everyone for your comments. I'm going to be editing the letter a bit based on some feedback that I've gotten today and will be posting/sharing it once complete. At that time, everyone who is interested may read/sign. Thanks.
 
Perhaps PAREA could be improved on the RES side ( and then on the commercial side ) with experience and if they create mock assignments of properties that are analyzed and graded for additional experience.

I have never taken PAREA so cant speak for whether it is good or bad wrt education, but the problems on the res side began long before PAREA .
 
I have been asked by the appraisal institute to draft a letter to the AQB and AF indicating the need for an online program for CG.
Why would the Appraisal Institute ask you to draft a letter to the AQB and AF? Why are "you" being chosen as the tip of the sword for this endeavor?

Why don't you post the letter the AI gave you to write this letter?

This feels like one of those scam calls you get on your cell phone....
 
Why would the Appraisal Institute ask you to draft a letter to the AQB and AF? Why are "you" being chosen as the tip of the sword for this endeavor?
Good point. Why would they ask a CR to draft a letter promoting a CG Parea program. I think it might be more convincing if it was a CG
 
This is hardly a topic for people to get upset about. It's okay to disagree with one another.

I agree with the idea that consistency and fairness counts.
 
I don't know how commercial appraisers can appraise during these dire commercial period.
I read how some office building values have dropped 50% or more from original purchase.
I have commercials which is doing fine and I have some not doing well with tenants having difficulty paying rent or not paying.
Over five years ago, commercial market was good with no foreseeable drop in rents or prices.
Can't imagine how PAREA student can decipher current market.
 
I don't know how commercial appraisers can appraise during these dire commercial period.
I read how some office building values have dropped 50% or more from original purchase.
I have commercials which is doing fine and I have some not doing well with tenants having difficulty paying rent or not paying.
Over five years ago, commercial market was good with no foreseeable drop in rents or prices.
Can't imagine how PAREA student can decipher current market

There is still commercial activity, commercial sales and commercial leasing with derived capitalization rates occurring consistently. I don't know about PAREA but I could easily teach a trainee, which I am. Understanding the market is simple statistics, math and relationships with brokers and buyers. I followed the Appraisal Institue classes and continued until I got my MAI. I read every report I could get my hands on and read this forum's older pages while studying. If a trainee has the desire, they should be able to learn. One issue I have is the book smart versus real world smart issues. Another issue is a supply and demand one. I'm not going to train someone when fees are terrible. If there is a program that can license a group of individuals to compete in my market and hold fees to a number that is not feasible to do business, it creates a sustainability problem. I've been outbid by a bad product and would worry that that would continue. Some lenders want file stuffers and are more concerned about my E&O insurance than the quality I produce. It doesn't leave much left for the firms that know what they are doing. I think that some of the push back is protection of the industry warring with the mass production of competition that provides a potential end game to the profession. Right now we are bidding fees from 2014. This tells me that our market has too many appraisers already.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top