• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

CG PAREA Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how commercial appraisers can appraise during these dire commercial period.
I read how some office building values have dropped 50% or more from original purchase.
I have commercials which is doing fine and I have some not doing well with tenants having difficulty paying rent or not paying.
Over five years ago, commercial market was good with no foreseeable drop in rents or prices.
Can't imagine how PAREA student can decipher current market.

that is what i was thinking...do you really want to jump in the middle of that stink show right now
 
that is what i was thinking...do you really want to jump in the middle of that stink show right now
that is what I was thinking but I didn't want to be straight forward.
Commercial market undergoing and still experiencing a downturn and difficult to assess what will happen in immediate future.
Commercials live and die with interest rates and political and economic whims.
 
It makes sense that a CG and those with bitter dispositions would oppose it. I'm speaking to all of the Licensed or CR appraisers that would like to be involved in pushing this through. If you haven't already, message me privately or email me if you'd like to be part of it. Thanks
Have you taken any of the AI income courses? I mean, how do you know you even want to be a CG after only just getting your CR pretty recently? There's nothing stopping you now from taking income classes and learning how to do small commercial properties allowed by the license level you already have. That's how I started doing narratives on land, etc. You don't need a CG to do that. The PAREA program is to help out the MAI's that head up giant AMC's. There's a reason they don't have enough "mentors". At least just take the preliminary tests online "free" to see if you can even do the math and excel they require to even get in those classes. The AI won't drop their requirements until they figure out how to make $ off it (and you).
 
Have you taken any of the AI income courses? I mean, how do you know you even want to be a CG after only just getting your CR pretty recently? There's nothing stopping you now from taking income classes and learning how to do small commercial properties allowed by the license level you already have. That's how I started doing narratives on land, etc. You don't need a CG to do that. The PAREA program is to help out the MAI's that head up giant AMC's. There's a reason they don't have enough "mentors". At least just take the preliminary tests online "free" to see if you can even do the math and excel they require to even get in those classes. The AI won't drop their requirements until they figure out how to make $ off it (and you).
I am guessing the OP has some connection to The AI

I have been asked by the appraisal institute to draft a letter to the AQB and AF indicating the need for an online program for CG
 
I am guessing the OP has some connection to The AI
Or could just be a generic response from National Appraisal Institute. Lots of residential appraisers pay dues to them in pursuing the SRA, I can't imagine that AI would single out a random new CR for a task related to CG PAREA but I did notice Gtary wasn't shocked by the 2016 CG track posted and didn't address asking AI about that, so maybe that is the angle.
 
Sorry... I'm opposed to the notion of substituting education/case studies for actual field experience. Some system that supplemented field experience with case studies might make sense... maybe.
 
Thank you everyone for your comments. I'm going to be editing the letter a bit based on some feedback that I've gotten today and will be posting/sharing it once complete. At that time, everyone who is interested may read/sign. Thanks.
Okay, reading the AF with my morning coffee. Where's that letter / petition that shows us AR's how to FastTrack to CG online?
 
All of the talk about writing letters is reminding me of the epic Hans Blix scene in Team America. And I expect the same results. @Gtary, when they ask you to step to the left don't say I didn't warn you.
 
Okay, reading the AF with my morning coffee. Where's that letter / petition that shows us AR's how to FastTrack to CG online?
Post #33. Remember when AI wanted bankers to be able to get the MAI without a license, back in maybe 2010? That got overturned. They have different " fast tracks" if you have another appraiser designation, but it's all a money grab. They were doing all kinds of things when they left TAF that was for a few years, which. makes all this grant money kinda interesting with not much progress.
 
It makes sense that a CG and those with bitter dispositions would oppose it. I'm speaking to all of the Licensed or CR appraisers that would like to be involved in pushing this through. If you haven't already, message me privately or email me if you'd like to be part of it. Thanks
Do you have the 4 year college degree? I had to finish my degree to get CG. My 30 hour Appraisal Institute classes and the real estate classes I took by the semester did count towards my degree though. But I also had to take a second semester of Biology, Public Speaking, Statistics, etc.

And then I had to ride around in a town car and listen to big band music from the 1940's with a guy who thought I was his secretary to get my hours on inspections.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back
Top