• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Cindy Chance

Could someone here give a quick summary of what and why so many think AI is not interested in the appraisal profession and protecting it? I've apparently not been paying attention in recent years so not sure what's been going on or what the changes have been.

let me ask you a question...you have been a member of the AF since 2008 and your first 5 posts occurred in the last 20 minutes :ROFLMAO:

Could someone here give a quick summary of what and why so many think AI is not interested in the appraisal profession and protecting it? I've apparently not been paying attention in recent years so not sure what's been going on or what the changes have been.
Just browse the thread.

let me ask you a question...you have been a member of the AF since 2008 and your first 5 posts occurred in the last 20 minutes :ROFLMAO:
Well I've posted over the years but rarely. And I too just saw that my only posts showing were from today - not sure why that is. But I do get on here to see what topics are being discussed and have answered some questions over the years but not often. Also -- no need for the summary requested!! lol -- I googled the news and have read about the recent changes, backlash, etc. I've been frustrated about AMCs for quite some time - mostly related to fees and silly check lists materially insignificant IMO - so I think I'll start reading more, engage more, and start paying more attention.

why are you on this thread...have you posted anything about AI or cindy chance... :rof: :rof: :rof:
Reading is fundamental. That includes "Chad". They/them should read for content, too.

I have posted comments about the AI. And have commented on the wisdom of jumping to conclusions about the reasons for the split prior to someone actually explaining those reasons.

What did she say?
She and the interim CEO met with staff in Chicago, everyone is happy that the Face Value podcast and the 1st and 3rd Thursday webinars will continue. Apparently, the staff was really worried about that and is overjoyed with the news.

And please be assured the board takes its fiduciary and ethical obligations very seriously, so as a matter of best practice and for legal reasons they can't comment on the secret meeting with a secret vote because everything that happened is a secret and will remain a secret. In addition, don't believe the rumors of board members owning or operating AMCs, although benefitting from being involved in AMCs is still unclear or as the board calls it, a rumor.

Signed,

Bgirl.png

Reading is fundamental. That includes "Chad". They/them should read for content, too.

I have posted comments about the AI. And have commented on the wisdom of jumping to conclusions about the reasons for the split prior to someone actually explaining those reasons.

your one comment about AI or cindy...dont jump to conclusions...good job head cheerleader :ROFLMAO:

I don't have an opinion of her or her employment. Nor would it matter to anyone if I did. I don't know anything about her beyond why appraisers like her. Nor am I challenging anyone who does likes her for their reasons.

What you're taking exception to is my observation that people are jumping to conclusions about the outside influence factor without any actual explanations being offered for the real reason. That guess might be correct but it's still a guess until the IRL explanation surfaces. We already know there's a 2nd possible reason floating around, and I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about the veracity of that factor, either.

Sooner or later she is going to have in hand the factual explanation in writing. So she knows what both sides of the story look like but apparently hasn't yet offered that explanation for public view. I'm sure she has her reasons for that but I'm not sure her explanation is going to line up with the whatever explanation the board is going to put forth.

For all we know there might be an NDA in play with a monetary penalty for public disclosure.

Last edited:
secrets in free and open society are repugnant...nda's :rof: :rof: :rof:

Love them or hate them, the Appraisal Institute is a private company. Not govt.

i know i know...the independent appraiser is racist...just not AI...but dont jump to conclusions...chase should give them another 3 million to help me understand bias :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back