• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Cindy Chance

She and the interim CEO met with staff in Chicago, everyone is happy that the Face Value podcast and the 1st and 3rd Thursday webinars will continue. Apparently, the staff was really worried about that and is overjoyed with the news.

And please be assured the board takes its fiduciary and ethical obligations very seriously, so as a matter of best practice and for legal reasons they can't comment on the secret meeting with a secret vote because everything that happened is a secret and will remain a secret. In addition, don't believe the rumors of board members owning or operating AMCs, although benefitting from being involved in AMCs is still unclear or as the board calls it, a rumor.

Signed,

View attachment 91414

Yep, that's the pressing issue facing the industry. This show is almost as bad as the TAFs "Appraisal Talk" which is by far the worst.

I was associate member. They said all you need now is demonstration report. Both MAIs said that will be no problem for you.

But I had heard too much behind closed doors from both of them. They were willing to help me on demo report knowing it would not be a problem.

It was behind closed door conversations that convinced me otherwise.

I have to question why you still belong? Like a million others, I had passed all the coursework and work experience. By the time I finished my demo I was told the classes I passed were expired and would have to sit for the exams again. No thanks, joined the NAIFA. Didn't take them long to waste their money on trips and gifts to the hierarchy, guess they started a trenc. But after licensing/certification having an SRA didn't mean much with lenders. And after the AMC Takeover it was worth even less.

I would guess the MAIs will do whatever they can to keep the AI solvent. And the SRAs will tell them to go fish.
I don't belong to AI. I did belong from 2007 to 2015, when I was an MAI "candidate for designation". They did the exact same thing to me (and several others) that they did to you, but I was already a designated member of NAIFA, earned the CAE through IAAO, NAiFA merged with ASA. I had to take another comprehensive test and submitted my commercial and residential demos for my ASA. I have one ASA for Real Property and 1 for Mass Appraisal.

I was associate member. They said all you need now is demonstration report. Both MAIs said that will be no problem for you.

But I had heard too much behind closed doors from both of them. They were willing to help me on demo report knowing it would not be a problem.

It was behind closed door conversations that convinced me otherwise.
Yes, I never got why everyone was so afraid of the demo. All I did was narratives for years. But now there's all these other options depending on who you are or who you know. In my case my commercial mentor died (he was 95) and they expected me to submit copies of reports I was to get from his estate, because by then I was working for the Assessor in addition to changing up all the classes. You were smart not to fall for it.

Yep, that's the pressing issue facing the industry. This show is almost as bad as the TAFs "Appraisal Talk" which is by far the worst.

I've been a candidate for years, had no idea this existed.

Edit: Oh my. Mentioning this endeavor as a priority at national is more proof that national as a whole is out of touch. Freaking wow.

Last edited:

Appraisal Institute Reinstated as Sponsor of The Appraisal Foundation​

(Washington, DC) March 31, 2022 – The Appraisal Foundation today announced the Board of Trustees voted to reinstate the Appraisal Institute as an Appraisal Sponsor of The Appraisal Foundation.

“I am pleased the Appraisal Institute is rejoining The Appraisal Foundation as a Sponsor,” said The Appraisal Foundation President Dave Bunton. “Our organizations share a commitment to protecting the public trust in the appraisal profession, and I look forward to our renewed partnership. The Appraisal Foundation’s work would not be possible without our Sponsors. I thank all of them for their continued guidance and support of the Foundation.”

“The Appraisal Institute is very pleased to rejoin TAF as a Sponsor during this exciting and challenging time for the valuation profession,” said Appraisal Institute President Jody Bishop, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS. “Returning as a Sponsor allows our organization to immediately strengthen its ongoing collaboration with TAF in recent years and to amplify our joint efforts with other key stakeholders now and for years to come.”

The Appraisal Foundation now has fifteen Sponsors, including the Appraisal Institute. These Sponsors provide professional input to the Foundation’s Board of Trustees and the two technical boards charged with maintaining the standards and qualifications of the appraisal profession.

just connecting the dots...are they a paying sponsor? :ROFLMAO:

I've been a candidate for years, had no idea this existed.

Edit: Oh my. Mentioning this endeavor as a priority at national is more proof that national as a whole is out of touch. Freaking wow.
That was unwatchable from the public domain 70s **** music on. When she started talking, I had immediately had to close the video. I do think Phil and Hamp deserve Emmys now.

Appraisal Institute Reinstated as Sponsor of The Appraisal Foundation​

(Washington, DC) March 31, 2022 – The Appraisal Foundation today announced the Board of Trustees voted to reinstate the Appraisal Institute as an Appraisal Sponsor of The Appraisal Foundation.

“I am pleased the Appraisal Institute is rejoining The Appraisal Foundation as a Sponsor,” said The Appraisal Foundation President Dave Bunton. “Our organizations share a commitment to protecting the public trust in the appraisal profession, and I look forward to our renewed partnership. The Appraisal Foundation’s work would not be possible without our Sponsors. I thank all of them for their continued guidance and support of the Foundation.”

“The Appraisal Institute is very pleased to rejoin TAF as a Sponsor during this exciting and challenging time for the valuation profession,” said Appraisal Institute President Jody Bishop, MAI, SRA, AI-GRS. “Returning as a Sponsor allows our organization to immediately strengthen its ongoing collaboration with TAF in recent years and to amplify our joint efforts with other key stakeholders now and for years to come.”

The Appraisal Foundation now has fifteen Sponsors, including the Appraisal Institute. These Sponsors provide professional input to the Foundation’s Board of Trustees and the two technical boards charged with maintaining the standards and qualifications of the appraisal profession.

just connecting the dots...are they a paying sponsor? :ROFLMAO:
Partner, lol

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back