• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

EXOS and Blend Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same way Uber does. You have to be in your car driving around neighborhoods in your service area. EXOS can see all the little car icons and the borrower will pick you if you're closest and they like your picture. Also having a lot of likes on Facebook helps.

I can't see a borrower (or RE agent )allowed to pick the appraiser - that would defeat the firewall/regulations if borrower /other vested parties could select an appraiser.?

My understanding ( willing to be corrected if wrong) is borrower or RE agent picks an available date and time they want, then the app syncs them with an appraiser who can fill the appointment.

My question is, when a number of appraisers are available for a same date and time appointment at X address, how does the app /system pick one appraiser over the others?

I

Last edited:
I can't see a borrower (or RE agent )allowed to pick the appraiser - that would defeat the firewall/regulations if borrower /other vested parties could select an appraiser. I believe the borrower or RE agent picks an available date and time they want, then the app syncs them with an appraiser who can fill the appointment.

My question is, when a number of appraisers are available for a same date and time appointment at X address, how does the app /system pick one appraiser over the others?

I
Facial recognition? Pares the Appraiser with Borrowers preferences obtained from a blending “customer experience” questionnaire filled out by Borrower- like Match.com

Facial recognition? Pares the Appraiser with Borrowers preferences obtained from a questionnaire filled out by Borrower- like Match.com
I hope that is a joke ! I suspect it is by scorecard with fee as component or fee as the tie breaker.

Note that Uber /Lyft drivers do not compete on fees, all drivers charge the riders the same rates in an area /time of day as set by the company

Their promotional text does make it sound like the HO has the option of selecting the appraiser, but I think it is just puffery in their PR about the 'vastness' of their network. It can't be the way we read it but it could sound like an abundance of options to their consumers who do not know they are regulated. Guess they are working their size angle, over their competition. They all like to vaunt their rosters but this seems to go beyond the usual in its language.

That said, I did not watch their videos because I am never going to work for them. I am working on a hologram of myself which will drive a very cool car which parks on the street (or hovers above, not yet decided) whilst my drone cruises the subject and dazzles the residents or allows them to remain sleeping in their beds so they need not be disturbed by "my" visit. That alone will shave 8hr off the time to close. Stay tuned.

Why does the borrower get to see a photo and car of the appraiser, but we don't get to see a photo of THEM? What if they are odd looking or drive an ugly car should I take the appointment? How do I know they are who they claim to be if I don't see their photo ahead of time? ( sarcasm for the humor challenged )

blend partnered with wells fargo, so there are no worries that a data breach will occur. :rof: :rof: :rof:

Why does the borrower get to see a photo and car of the appraiser, but we don't get to see a photo of THEM? What if they are odd looking or drive an ugly car should I take the appointment? How do I know they are who they claim to be if I don't see their photo ahead of time? ( sarcasm for the humor challenged )
Because Appraisers are not respected or considered professionals by this company. Don’t be surprised if dress code creep becomes the next requirement - a uniform badge and hat. FedEx, Dominos comes to mind

As long as the hat is provided free to the appraiser....
I may like a hat with a Black Knight logo.... :peace:

The Exos system was widely debated about six months ago and it looks like it is still around (like it or not). It looks like they are not only using the system but expanding it to do more. It is obvious that the initial Exos system was researched and tested and they would not have rolled it out if it did not have a good chance of success.
It's definitely not going anywhere anytime soon. That's for sure. I'm sure it will be around for a while

BUT!

It still isn't a perfect system. There are still people/teams working at Servicelink in different capacities regarding Exos doing things the app is "supposed to do" (i.e. scheduling, following up if an appt was made, etc) Some of this is "user error" (i.e. appraiser not updating their calendar/schedule, borrower's/POC's not downloading the app to set/choose their appt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back