• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hybrid appraisal report

I had an appraiser named Tesso out of Washington State I believe threaten to turn me in for criticizing USPAP back on the old NAIFA forum. :rof:
That's a few steps short of Death Threats by Fax....
Sounds like the title of a Neil Simon movie starting Martin Mull and Peter Falk....

I've found that CubiCasa is about ~ 5-7% different than my measurements. The floor plan is free. The GLA measurements is $10 per.
So as a PDC, if you're making $65 bucks, minus drive time, gas, and a Cubi Casa sketch for $10 bucks ( which is going to be inaccurate and throw a stick in the spokes of the appraiser relying on the data). The PDC is netting $40 bucks.

Based on what my mentor was telling me he received for the hybrid reports, it's a better deal to be the PDC. Which is super sad.

I would love to know why not use appraiser trainees for these as well? I guess because they're being supervised by an appraiser? I would do them if the person I trust and trained could do the inspection. It's so obvious they want to fully eliminate appraisers.
Why not use trainees?

The AMC's and their affiliates profit from using a CDC person, an appraiser profits from using a trainee.
The AMC controls the PDC person; the appraiser controls the trainee.
The AMC profits from an unlimited supply of nonlicensed gig workers to do the PDC (lower fees to them, more to the AMC ) vs a limited supply of appraisal trainees

s

The entities and profiteers found out how to exploit the gaping flaw of USPAP, which is that in USPAP, an inspection alone (without an opinion or analysis ) may not be considered part of appraisal race. IT should be, an inspection done for APPRAISAL PURPOSES is part of appraisal practice. But USPAP allowed the profession to be flooded with nonlicensed people for one of the key components of an appraisal - the in personal inspection of the property- call it a PDC till the cows come home, it is a proxy for an inspection.

I can't imagine this happening in any other field. For example, lawyers use paralegals who are licensed, personally selected, supervised and have extensive training. ( like an appraisal trainee s ). Can you imagine some glitch in the legal profession opening up the doors to replace paralegals with fast-trained gig workers to handle "legal data?" ( apply that to any profession )

No you just said license. So what license were you referring to?

I should have said registered or credentialed - in any event, the lawyers choose and hire them - I am not aware of a lawyer reandmoly paired with a gig worker as a paralegal - it was meant to be an analogy to appraisers paired with an unknown, random assigned PDC person​

Attachments

• 1725927859305.png
    1725927859305.png
    295 bytes · Views: 0
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back