• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

REO sales and "Market Value"

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a fair bit more to say about the persona he just happened to choose. Suffice it to say that there really is an entry in the California OREA database whose particulars mesh seamlessly with the persona that was being implied here. As far as I can tell he went to no small effort to find a real person to impersonate.

Wow...J Smith...the most commonly used fake name in America that is used when someone doesn't want to use their real name. Looks like your OREA friend checks into a lot of cheap motels. :rof:

Whether the poster is a pedophile or a has been USPAP instructor, I judge their argument to see if it has merit. Anything else would be a logical fallacy.

Mr.jpg

Suffice it to say that there really is an entry in the California OREA database whose particulars mesh seamlessly with the persona that was being implied here. As far as I can tell he went to no small effort to find a real person to impersonate.

That is hilarious. I was considering Guam, but figured CA was more anonymous.

Paranoid much?

Outing an id is simply wrong. There are very good reasons to use an anonymous id and even change it to another id when they started out using their real name...it doesn't mean they are bad or untrustworthy. People get new identities for protection. It is not a reflection on their honesty and those that spew that kind of nonsense are just being vindictive. Often happens when they can't find a legitimate way to win a debate.
I have been wondering why some appraisers want to hide their identities from other appraisers. May be you can give me some of those good reasons. I know it is common and even fashion to have a fake name but how can you honestly communicate with your peers when you don't want to identify yourself? I agree that it is a freedom of choice and I can choose any weird name for myself and choose Venus or Mars for my state but what is the point? As appraisers we should be honest and open to each other but again that is a freedom of choice.

Clients read this all the time. They may not like my humor or my disdain for AMCs.

Some posters are just evil. If you argue with them and prove them wrong, there are many things they can do to you if they know who you are.

I have been wondering why some appraisers want to hide their identities from other appraisers. May be you can give me some of those good reasons. I know it is common and even fashion to have a fake name but how can you honestly communicate with your peers when you don't want to identify yourself? I agree that it is a freedom of choice and I can choose any weird name for myself and choose Venus or Mars for my state but what is the point? As appraisers we should be honest and open to each other but again that is a freedom of choice.

The poster of #553 on this thread (allegedly) took exception to timd's professional views on some matter and attempted to get him fired via communications with his boss. He worked for one of the GSE's at the time and posted under his own name. Does that count?

Also, Pamela C, a long time moderator, posting under her own name, got dragged into a slap suit with an 800 pound gorilla. Doubtful they would have even filed had there been a less high profile, harder to nail down fake name post that caught their eye.
She ended up doing some slapping of her own, but I doubt she wanted to turn her life in that direction.

Anyone see Steve S posting here any more? Guess why.

Last edited:
Anyone can read this board, and mis use a quote from a post, or accuse someone of something they did not do. I bet 95% of the posters and readers are fine, it's that other 5%....

The poster of #553 on this thread (allegedly) took exception to timd's professional views on some matter and attempted to get him fired via communications with his boss. He worked for one of the GSE's at the time and posted under his own name. Does that count?

Also, Pamela C, a long time moderator, posting under her own name, got dragged into a slap suit with an 800 pound gorilla. Doubtful they would have even filed had there been a less high profile, harder to nail down fake name post that caught their eye.
She ended up doing some slapping of her own, but I doubt she wanted to turn her life in that direction.

Anyone see Steve S posting here any more? Guess why.
If that is the point, then Wayne can easily solve it. He can put a link to faked names that connects to their actual names but be only accessible to appraisers not the guest visitors. Guests still can read the posts but not be able to identify the actual names of the faked names. Problem solved. You still can remain anonymous to outsiders

The problem is not just the outsiders...it's malicious behavior of appraisers, too.

The problem is not just the outsiders...it's malicious behavior of appraisers, too.
I can take care of a mean appraiser if I know who that person is. I get frustrated and paralyzed when I am dealing with a masked person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back