• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

TAF Partnered With REVAA

My points are rock solid. They are not going anywhere regardless of election. If Trump abolishes CFPB, that is on his AZZ if he wins.

My points will still stand.

I don't think you can abolish CFPB by executive order. Don't quote me on that. That would be nail in coffin for DJT.
Chopra serves at the pleasure of the President. He can be replaced without doing away with the CFPB

Political appointee

If anyone is interested, the motion to partner with REVAA starts around the 31:30 mark. And pay attention, they are also considering the CRN network as a future partner. And a little bonus, around the 1:22:40 mark, TAF's president explains what a partner is and what the "special relationship" means and then we get schooled on why it's important to include the poor old AMCs. They need a voice!

i would like to know how many of the so called bots work with a revaa company... :rof: :rof: :rof:

revaa... 734 15th St NW #900, Washington, DC 20005

taf...1155 15th Street, NW Suite 1111 Washington, DC 20005

fannie...1100 15th Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20005

:shrug: :rof: :rof: :rof:

Yeah, it's a conspiracy, alright. Not an accident. Right at the White House.

1725726455445.jpeg

they are located so close to each other...they can blow kisses from their office windows to each other and feel the spit :ROFLMAO:

REVAA can probably hear it every time Pres. Biden takes his dentures out after dinner.

Last edited:

New York Attorney General Files Suit Against eAppraiseIT​

Cuomo alleges company conspired with Washington Mutual to inflate real estate appraisals.​

New York Attorney General Andrew M. Cuomo announced Thursday that he is suing eAppraiseIT, one of the nation's largest real estate appraisal management companies, and its parent corporation, First American Corp., for colluding with Washington Mutual to inflate the appraisal values of homes. The lawsuit was filed in the Supreme Court of New York, New York County.

The collusion, according to Cuomo, may have been a contributing factor in the nation's subprime mortgage crisis.

"The independence of the appraiser is essential to maintaining the integrity of the mortgage industry. First American and eAppraiseIT violated that independence when Washington Mutual strong-armed them into a system designed to ripoff homeowners and investors alike," Cuomo said in a press statement. "The blatant actions of First American and eAppraiseIT have contributed to the growing foreclosure crisis and turmoil in the housing market. By allowing Washington Mutual to hand-pick appraisers who inflated values, First American helped set the current mortgage crisis in motion.

eappraiseit really missed out... :rof: :rof: :rof:

PAREA is a good idea, gone bad. It had potential. But the leaders made a mess out of the idea. PAREA will only work if you get highly qualified college grads with a good set of mathematical/statistical, data mining, and programming. Give me that - and that is something to work with. And get some grads from tier-one university departments in math or computer science.

The entrenched bureaucracy does not want competition. In fact, the problem really is that top tier universities probably want to keep their distance from them. In fact, Traditional Appraisal and Academia is Oil and Water, especially in this day and age. They simply will not mix. They self-destruct when combined.

On the other hand, you can't just ditch TAF or the AI. We need to grow a new infrastructure in parallel and sit back and laugh as TAF and the appraisal organizations do their window dressing with AI-this and AI-that.

The only solution is to create a new parallel ( in the sense of existing side-by-side) system for what you might call "Valuation Engineering," based on strict protocols, mathematical constraints, and data mining.
PAREA is just to keep fees down for AMCs so they can keep more of the $$ and to help facilitate fraud. Get a new crop with no skin in the game and enough will be willing to play ball and be pressured to go against USPAP and their pesky certifications on the FNMA forms.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back