• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

TAF Partnered With REVAA

You know there are unaffiliated appraisers serving on the BOT, right? Outside nomination isn't the only way in. They put out notices soliciting applications, from which their nominating committee selects candidates to be included in their voting.
Again, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have ONE open position that the peasants can vote it.

I agree with the prospect in principle. The sticky part is in the details. How would the peasants go about doing that? Who would get to vote, and who would be doing the counting?

If you can figure that out, I'll order up the T-shirts
"Vote for Tobias"​

Isn't it just crazy how the industry has turned? AMCs have morphed into AMC/Appraisal Firms and firms have morphed into Appraisal Firms/AMCs.

When there is no oversite or regulation, bad actors will resort to what they do best.

Again, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have ONE open position that the peasants can vote it.

We need to take decisive action against TAF. Their recent decision to place the appraiser's arch-enemy in a key partnership role is unacceptable. It’s time to intensify our efforts and tackle this issue directly. We must also lift the veil on their corruption and incompetence to ensure full accountability.

Isn't it just crazy how the industry has turned? AMCs have morphed into AMC/Appraisal Firms and firms have morphed into Appraisal Firms/AMCs.
Prior to the HVCC, all of the locally based AMCs employed staff appraisers in addition to whatever they fee'd out. They all started as fee shops or bank staff units. That morphing occurred many years ago.

In my state 12 appraisers brings a fee shop under regulation as an AMC. Not that there are very many fee shops of that size in California any more.

Last edited:
We need to take decisive action against TAF. Their recent decision to place the appraiser's arch-enemy in a key partnership role is unacceptable. It’s time to intensify our efforts and tackle this issue directly. We must also lift the veil on their corruption and incompetence to ensure full accountability.
I'm not going to let myself get that worked up over a 1/67th vote on a purely advisory council. You can if you want, though.

Maybe they'll change their minds if you "fight" by ... well, whatever means you think appraisers can fight with.

Meanwhile, the REVAA guy has to make all the meetings - at his own expense - because if he misses too many of them that's grounds to drop his org from the list.

Last edited:
They should just skip Revaa and give a few seats to the managing partners of the hedge fund that own class valuations.

Imagine the perks they could get then. Nothing but the finest bourbons, steaks, and coeds.

But Class already has a 1/35th vote on the purely advisory IAC. Isn't that enough?

What are the chances that RSDS might lose its partner status with TAF for asking an appraiser to blatantly disregard USPAP guidelines? I recently took a course on hybrid and desktop appraisals, where one key point emphasized was the necessity for appraisers to conduct thorough research on the subject property before accepting an assignment. Seriously? Are these people delusional. Many orders come with a simple "1-accept" button, and they are far from standard or straightforward. This issue isn’t unique to RSDS; it appears that all IAC partners are operating similarly.

So submit the complaint and they get what they get. Serves them right.

You know as well as I do that most of these AMCs don't have a whole lot of competency WRT USPAP, and that their tech geeks will have even less of an understanding. They're obviously trying to set up for expediency under the assumption that all appraisers are created equally. My SWAG is that if they had known they were making this mistake they wouldn't have done it. But, if you believe otherwise, that they're deliberately trying to ignore competency issues, then I can understand that viewpoint as well.

Meanwhile, the lenders are still responsible for which appraisals they use. Which they find suitable to purpose. WRT appraisal adequacy you can't cheat an honest lender.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back