• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

TAF Partnered With REVAA

You can't read. I never said that REVAA was part of the BOT. I said it had voting rights. That is a big foot in the door. Read the link below.

A lot you don't know.

Did you read the article? Dated 2017. Where does it say anything about TAF or its BOT? Or voting rights?

A lot you didn't read.
----------------------------
Two things can be true at once:
Fee appraisers and AMCs can be considered natural enemies,​
and​
There may or may not be any legitimate reason under TAFs bylaws for excluding AMCs and their allies from participating in the IAC or a non-profit 501c REVAA from being a member of TAFAC. Unless someone can find one.​
TAFAC has 67 members. My guess is that some of them are far more influential than others with the majority. I'm also guessing that when there's a vote we can assume the majority wins.

Last edited:
Actually, they didn’t stay silent; instead, they promoted the real mastermind behind it all, REVAA, to partner.

Surprise! By a UNAMINOUS vote of TAF's board today, REVAA is now a "partner" of TAF.

It would have been nice to open this up for a comment period, but who cares what the peasants think?

Does anyone still believe independent appraisers have a seat at any table in this industry?

By the way. I can't confirm this. Do you have evidence that TAF actually voted REVAA in as a "partner"?

Did you read the article? Dated 2017. Where does it say anything about TAF or its BOT? Or voting rights?

A lot you didn't read.

Two things can be true at once:
Fee appraisers and AMCs can be considered natural enemies,​
and​
There might not be any legitimate reason under TAFs bylaws for excluding AMCs and their allies from participating in the IAC or a non-profit 501c REVAA from being a member of TAFAC. Unless someone can find one.​
I’m not sure about any voting rights, but per the TAF video that I linked they will now have the ability to nominate board members.

By the way. I can't confirm this. Do you have evidence that TAF actually voted REVAA in as a "partner"?
See post #11 with the video link, yes it’s official.

Reactions: RCA
I’m not sure about any voting rights, but per the TAF video that I linked they will now have the ability to nominate board members.
Right. Each of the 67 can forward a nomination. The "voting" isn't done at TAFAC; it's done at the BOT. Last time the BOT added 3 members from the TAFAC nominations. Out of 22 members in the BOT.

The vid goes into great detail on the point that TAF wants to include everyone in the tent. That's the opposite of cutting backroom deals behind the backs of appraisers.

The vid goes into great detail on the point that TAF wants to include everyone in the tent. That's the opposite of cutting backroom deals behind the backs of appraisers.
Define everyone.

Here’s my problem with the supposed everyone idea. Boots on the ground residential mortgage appraisers make up the vast majority of the appraiser population. With that said there should be at least one open position we can vote in. And given nearly all of what TAF does regulation wise flows downhill to us, it isn’t unreasonable that we should have at least one seat on the BOT that doesn’t have to flow through a partner nomination.

Here you go one of TAF's partners is currently being sued by an appraiser for pressuring them to violate USPAP standards and refusing to pay.

View attachment 91082

View attachment 91081
Isn't it just crazy how the industry has turned? AMCs have morphed into AMC/Appraisal Firms and firms have morphed into Appraisal Firms/AMCs.

Define everyone.

Here’s my problem with the supposed everyone idea. Boots on the ground residential mortgage appraisers make up the vast majority of the appraiser population. With that said there should be at least one open position we can vote in. And given nearly all of what TAF does regulation wise flows downhill to us, it isn’t unreasonable that we should have at least one seat on the BOT that doesn’t have to flow through a partner nomination.
Can you figure out how "the appraisers" would go about selecting and voting for BOT members? Some appraisers already attempted to campaign for an appraiser to get appointed to the ASB. That didn't work.

You know there are unaffiliated appraisers serving on the BOT, right? Outside nomination isn't the only way in. They put out notices soliciting applications for appt to the BOT, from which their nominating committee selects candidates to be included in their voting.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back