• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA Fee Schedule

Okay, back to ground zero. VA focuses on their interest as much as the veteran and every other entity involved in the transaction.

Do you disagree?

You are in Colorado. That is the same RLC that covers Montana. Why not ask them while you are demanding $1,000 per assignment? I don't spend much of my time trying to develop any justifications for, or understanding of, the actions and decisions of stupid, lazy bureaucrats.
Who is demanding $1,000? So now, the VA bureaucrats are stupid and lazy. That is a sure way to get on the VA panel.:coolsmiley:

I on the other hand have the same interests. Trust me when I tell you that there is no way I would accept many assignments for $650 if it was not for VA. The fee would be way higher on some assignments for many assignments if VA was not involved. Veterans
are getting a benefit.

Then we throw AMCs in and not knowing what the bank is charging the borrower with an AMC involved. If appraisal fee to borrower is $1,200 and appraisal fee is $200?

VA has not increased its appraisal fee since 2021. Are we due a fee increase due to the 7% inflation over the past three years? Longshoremen want a 75% increase over five years.

Keep playing me trolls. Some of you seem like Joan Trice is your mother.

I would think a shortage of VA appraisers and relatively low or high volume of VA appraisals in certain counties would drive appraisal fees and turn times up.

I would think a shortage of VA appraisers and relatively low or high volume of VA appraisals in certain counties would drive appraisal fees and turn times up.
There is no shortage of VA appraisers in Yellowstone County, and VA backed loans have funded about 20% of all mortgages of the past 5 years (according to MLS stats). That is typical of VA volumes nationwide that I have seen. Per the VA:

"High Demand Counties
Several counties across the nation have be identified as High Demand Counties, counties in which the increased demand for appraisal services has created shortage of available appraisers. While VA considers this to be a temporary market fluctuation, appraisal fees have been increased in these counties to reflect the increased demand in this seller’s market.

*The fees and timeliness increases will be reevaluated in the future and may need to be readjusted."

At least for the counties where they are seeking appraisers in Montana, the counties are "no-demand" counties. Those are remote with almost no housing stock as there is almost no population. The the VA tends to mischaracterize even the most obvious facts. Yellowstone is listed as a High Demand county, yet is not on their list of counties where they are looking for appraisers to add to their panel. But the same fee and turn time shown is for the entire state.

Can you buy me and wife's lunch and let me discuss why I was so hard on you?
I'm sure she'd go for that... will you buy our lunch so I can bash on you for a while? Very tempting proposition, Zoe!

haha. I have a son who is about midway through year 17. Yes - the retirement is nice, but grossly negligent when compared to the salary they make and the risk they take on during that 20 year tenure...
Very true statement. This was my last flight mission just before I returned the good ole USA.

U.S. forces suffered a staggering number of rotorcraft losses—108 helicopters destroyed and 600 damaged. Of the approximately 10,000 U.S. troops committed to LAM SON 719, the U.S. suffered 215 KIA, 1,149 WIA, and 42 MIA.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back