• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA Fee Schedule

Me and Marion were partners. Marion stole my heart. I hope she is okay.

Why does it take 21 business days to complete a VA appraisal in Yellowstone County?
Are you slow? How many parties are involved in this assignment?

You are the know it all regarding VA appraisals. You tell me. My belief is that it is because the VA mortgage insurance program benefits appraisers, lenders, and realtors while victimizing veterans. But, in fairness, veterans seem to be demanding it so they do have some culpability in the matter. In my view, the VA should be shut down and veterans should get a card they can show to any hospital or lender and qualify for services they were promised. Then, they might actually get them. Then, some government agency could contract with competent, local appraisers to randomly and consistently audit appraisals backing VA insured loans. Anyone (appraiser, lender, realtor, veteran) found abusing the process would be permanently removed from participation in the program. Of course, there would be an increase in homelessness and VA employees lack any skills and motivation to exist in the free market.
What was the question again? OH, why does it take 21 business days to complete a VA appraisal in Yellowstone County?

Some of you people are testing my nerves:

I set SOW:

To those asking about the volume of VA loans here, I would ask at what level (percentage of market, number of loans, etc) should veterans expect sound appraisals? If there is such a level, are those veterans in markets not meeting those thresholds told, "tough ****?" I am not aware of an VA regulation that suggests the benefit is tempered by any location compared to another, for any reason. But, would be glad to hear about them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoe
What was the question again? OH, why does it take 21 business days to complete a VA appraisal in Yellowstone County?
What was the answer again? Oh, "You are the know it all regarding VA appraisals. You tell me. My belief is that it is because the VA mortgage insurance program benefits appraisers, lenders, and realtors while victimizing veterans. But, in fairness, veterans seem to be demanding it so they do have some culpability in the matter. In my view, the VA should be shut down and veterans should get a card they can show to any hospital or lender and qualify for services they were promised. Then, they might actually get them. Then, some government agency could contract with competent, local appraisers to randomly and consistently audit appraisals backing VA insured loans. Anyone (appraiser, lender, realtor, veteran) found abusing the process would be permanently removed from participation in the program. Of course, there would be an increase in homelessness and VA employees lack any skills and motivation to exist in the free market."

Are you slow? How many parties are involved in this assignment?
I was unaware that many more parties are involved in VA appraisals in Yellowstone County. Thanks for the information.

What was the answer again? Oh, "You are the know it all regarding VA appraisals. You tell me. My belief is that it is because the VA mortgage insurance program benefits appraisers, lenders, and realtors while victimizing veterans. But, in fairness, veterans seem to be demanding it so they do have some culpability in the matter. In my view, the VA should be shut down and veterans should get a card they can show to any hospital or lender and qualify for services they were promised. Then, they might actually get them. Then, some government agency could contract with competent, local appraisers to randomly and consistently audit appraisals backing VA insured loans. Anyone (appraiser, lender, realtor, veteran) found abusing the process would be permanently removed from participation in the program. Of course, there would be an increase in homelessness and VA employees lack any skills and motivation to exist in the free market."
21 business days?

21 business days?
You are in Colorado. That is the same RLC that covers Montana. Why not ask them while you are demanding $1,000 per assignment? I don't spend much of my time trying to develop any justifications for, or understanding of, the actions and decisions of stupid, lazy bureaucrats.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back