• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA Fee Schedule

1st: you wouldn't get the order if you bid twice or more the VA Fee, but that's your business - not mine. Second, VA appraisals don't typically go through AMC's, as they're ordered directly with Weblgy, so we DO know that the bank is charging the borrower. :) I love engaging you, Zoe. You make me feel smart.
What client would I not get the fee from if I quoted twice the fee?

You are correct VA appraisals don't go through AMCs based on my personal business..

Someone recently has posted a schedule from somewhere where lender was charging 2 or 3 times the appraisal fee going through the AMC.

You haven't told me your platform.

VA just adds an appraiser to the panel. They don't need an AMC.

Someone recently has posted a schedule from somewhere where lender was charging 2 or 3 times the appraisal fee going through the AMC.
That's illegal for VA appraisals. Don't trust everyone who tells you something, Zoe

That's illegal for VA appraisals. Don't trust everyone who tells you something, Zoe
When I tell you that I would charge the borrower twice or more for same appraisal without the veteran getting a VA loan?

You want to tell me I am being dishonest on truth in lending disclosures?

You have no platform you want to disclose.

I am happy you like the engagement.

Please carry on.

Did I ever tell you me and Joan Trice had a love/hate relationship?

I literally loved engaging with her. I have never met the woman personally. We had many interactions.

If I did meet her personally, she would say "oh no" ..........."not you".

I would be like I love you Joan. Can you buy me and wife's lunch and let me discuss why I was so hard on you?

Last edited:
You would think someone claiming to be a skilled appraiser worthy of assisting veterans would know how to find appraisal fees paid by the VA. All you have to do is go to their website, find the public pdf for the Denver RLC, and look at the line for Yellowstone County, Montana. Are you even an appraiser?
Why does it take 21 business days to complete a VA appraisal in Yellowstone County?

You are the know it all regarding VA appraisals. You tell me. My belief is that it is because the VA mortgage insurance program benefits appraisers, lenders, and realtors while victimizing veterans. But, in fairness, veterans seem to be demanding it so they do have some culpability in the matter. In my view, the VA should be shut down and veterans should get a card they can show to any hospital or lender and qualify for services they were promised. Then, they might actually get them. Then, some government agency could contract with competent, local appraisers to randomly and consistently audit appraisals backing VA insured loans. Anyone (appraiser, lender, realtor, veteran) found abusing the process would be permanently removed from participation in the program. Of course, there would be an increase in homelessness as VA employees lack any skills and motivation to exist in the free market.

Last edited:
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back