• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA Fee Schedule

How do tariff's impact appraisal fees? Which tariff's have the greatest impact on appraisal fees?
How about the car, computer, gasoline, phone, the food you buy, or the mortgage you pay?

VA appraisal fees in my home county are currently 2 to 3 times the market price of appraisal fees. And that is for a product that meets or significantly undershoots minimum acceptable standards.

How about the car, computer, gasoline, phone, the food you buy, or the mortgage you pay?
How about them? I can and do complete residential appraisals for about $500 in urban areas. Most others are doing them for less. VA appraisers are getting paid $1,000 to $1,250 and provide the worst product in the business.

How about them? I can and do complete residential appraisals for about $500 in urban areas. Most others are doing them for less. VA appraisers are getting paid $1,000 to $1,250 and provide the worst product in the business.
Ouch...

Let’s take this out of the fantasy realm and into reality. Call your RLC and tell them your compensation is unfair and haven’t gotten a raise since 2021. When bargaining you always want to stake out a position that’s beyond what you’re willing to accept. So let’s say you need $700 in order to start your car, you should demand $800. Then let them know exactly what you’re prepared to do in order to get the money to deserve.

I'm happy that veterans aren't forced to pay higher fees than what the market dictates - oh wait - they already are.
VA required no bailout. Can you name others?

VA required no bailout. Can you name others?
I have absolutely zero idea what this has to do with charging veterans higher than market appraisal fees? No stretch of the imagination can connect those dots, Zoe.

I have absolutely zero idea what this has to do with charging veterans higher than market appraisal fees? No stretch of the imagination can connect those dots, Zoe.
I am not connecting any dots. I simply asked of the market participants you are acquainted with that required no bailout?

I am not connecting any dots. I simply asked of the market participants you are acquainted with that required no bailout?
Tell me, Zoe - what does charging veterans higher than market appraisal fees have to do with whether or not one needs a bailout?

Tell me, Zoe - what does charging veterans higher than market appraisal fees have to do with whether or not one needs a bailout?
Who are the market participants you refer to? You have no basis. Give me your basis on market appraisal fees. Who are the market you are referring to? Did they need bailout?

I know a few that did not need bailout. Don't play dumb with me.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back