• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA Fee Schedule

Who are the market participants you refer to? You have no basis. Give me your basis on market appraisal fees.
That part is easy. VA 1004 appraisal fee in Oklahoma is $675 and 1025 fee in Oklahoma is $900. If the loan were conforming or FHA, the fee would be ~ $450-$500 for 1004 and ~ $650 for 1025. As conforming and FHA appraisal fees tend to reflect market participation (i.e., they're not 'set' by VA), VA is, in effect, forcing veterans to pay above market for these services - specifically roughly $200/appraisal for 1004 and roughly $250/appraisal for 1025. Have fun explaining that one to your veteran buddies...

Don't play me on marketing related issues., You will regret it.

That part is easy. VA 1004 appraisal fee in Oklahoma is $675 and 1025 fee in Oklahoma is $900. If the loan were conforming or FHA, the fee would be ~ $450-$500 for 1004 and ~ $650 for 1025. As conforming and FHA appraisal fees tend to reflect market participation (i.e., they're not 'set' by VA), VA is, in effect, forcing veterans to pay above market for these services - specifically roughly $200/appraisal for 1004 and roughly $250/appraisal for 1025. Have fun explaining that one to your veteran buddies...
Okay, you explained some of the market participants. You named FHA, When you said conforming, you indicated GSE.

I will dig deep. Did FHA or GSE require bailout?

Are there other market participants on your argument that required no bailout? Both of your examples required bailouts.

I don't think it's too controversial to say that the US government tends to overpay for stuff.

Okay, you explained some of the market participants. You named FHA, When you said conforming, you indicated GSE.

I will dig deep. Did FHA or GSE require bailout?

Are there other market participants on your argument that required no bailout? Both of your examples required bailouts.
I made no argument that required no bailout. Honestly, Zoe, I don't even know how to respond to your posts most of the time. I don't know if you're intentionally confusing or if you just don't get it.

I don't think it's too controversial to say that the US government tends to overpay for stuff.
or at least force their veterans to.

Maybe, but it works both ways... retirement pay at age 38 is pretty nice.

Maybe, but it works both ways... retirement pay at age 38 is pretty nice.
haha. I have a son who is about midway through year 17. Yes - the retirement is nice, but grossly negligent when compared to the salary they make and the risk they take on during that 20 year tenure...

VA required no bailout. Can you name others?
Stupid people think this unsubstantiated claim (advanced only by VA and appraisers on the VA panel) means that taxpayers did not lose any money, ever, in the VA mortgage program.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back