• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

VA Fee Schedule

I am happy with the VA fees if anyone from the VA is reading this. Colorado gets $800? And you want more? Isn't Colorado a heavy VA loan state?

To be fair, Is Montana a high volume VA loan state or any mortgage loan volume? I have no idea.

How about them? I can and do complete residential appraisals for about $500 in urban areas. Most others are doing them for less. VA appraisers are getting paid $1,000 to $1,250 and provide the worst product in the business.
That's terrible to hear. There are bad apples in appraising everywhere. Surely, not all the VA appraisers are providing bad products? Heck, I see VA appraisals around here that a lacking proper education and appraisal practice, but overall, most are pretty decent. I see many non-VA appraisals that are bad products too, but it is the nature of poor training I have seen for over 30 years now. Many appraisers have never read the Fannie Mae Selling Guide, VA Lender's Handbook or been taught anything other than do the minimum. Heck, there are some appraisers logging on here still adjusting $20 a foot for GLA instead of deriving the GLA adjustment from sensitivity analysis.

That's terrible to hear. There are bad apples in appraising everywhere. Surely, not all the VA appraisers are providing bad products? Heck, I see VA appraisals around here that a lacking proper education and appraisal practice, but overall, most are pretty decent. I see many non-VA appraisals that are bad products too, but it is the nature of poor training I have seen for over 30 years now. Many appraisers have never read the Fannie Mae Selling Guide, VA Lender's Handbook or been taught anything other than do the minimum. Heck, there are some appraisers logging on here still adjusting $20 a foot for GLA instead of deriving the GLA adjustment from sensitivity analysis.
VA appraisers are part of the universal pool. Some are good and some aren't - just like the universal pool. Just verifies the observation that there is no correlation between fee and quality.

Last edited:
The focus on VA fees is nothing but a continuing campaign by AMC's to get a piece of the action that VA has locked them out.

VA appraisers are part of the universal pool. Some are good and some aren't - just like the universal pool. Just verifies the observation that there is no correlation between fee and quality.
I will throw a couple of more facts to you. The veteran gets a break on many VA appraisals because on many appraisals my appraisal fee would be twice or more the VA posted Fee if I even accepted the assignment.

Another fact is you don't know what the bank is charging the borrower in many cases if they are using an AMC to place the appraisal.

Last edited:
Patiently waiting for your concerns. I have saved many veterans from way higher appraisal fees than VA appraisal fees.

I am being sincere. I charge $650 on VA appraisal fee. My fee from other clients that would accept me would be $1,300 to $2,000 on same appraisal in many cases.

Last edited:
I will throw another dagger in since you asked for it. What are you basing your platform on?

You asked for my daggers. Who are your clients that you are basing your platform on?

Don't play me. I simply ask of your platform now? I have told you my platform on charging twice or more for same appraisal to another client.

Last edited:
I will throw a couple of more facts to you. The veteran gets a break on many VA appraisals because on many appraisals my appraisal fee would be twice or more the VA posted Fee if I even accepted the assignment.

Another fact is you don't know what the bank is charging the borrower in many cases if they are using an AMC to place the appraisal.
1st: you wouldn't get the order if you bid twice or more the VA Fee, but that's your business - not mine. Second, VA appraisals don't typically go through AMC's, as they're ordered directly with Weblgy, so we DO know that the bank is charging the borrower. :) I love engaging you, Zoe. You make me feel smart.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back