• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

You know you're getting old when

You know you are getting old when you have to reschedule your appointments because you have too many appointments that conflict. Today I went to the dermatologist and got a pre-cancerous growth froze off my head, and I have a cyst on my back. They needed to reschedule 45 minutes for the procedure and their first suggestion was conflicted with my cardio appointment and the second suggestion conflicted with my urologist appointment. Anyway, in the next 16 days I have 4 appointments now. My eye appointment and regular update is next month.
Good you checked your health.
I haven't seen a doctor in person prior to Covid. Come to think of it, I never saw my personal regular doctor in person.
Finally got to see a doctor (my regular doctor on vacation) and I got a shingles vaccine (like Covid, my arm hurts) and got blood samples to see if I'm normal.
I wanted to ask about my pinched nerve and me seeing currently a Chiropractor. I'm still having acute pain when I bend down.
The doctor looked down at Chiropractor and said I should just do exercise and physical therapy.

By the way, I had a cyst removed from my back years ago. I didn't like the bump there so I wanted it removed and had stitches.
Somehow the stitches didn't work and I was in pain for days. End result is a large dark 2 inch scar on my back.
Today at the gym, I saw a guy with this ugly tattoo.
Not that I want to put an ugly tattoo but maybe a creative tattoo can hide my hideous scar.

You know you are getting old when you have to reschedule your appointments because you have too many appointments that conflict. Today I went to the dermatologist and got a pre-cancerous growth froze off my head, and I have a cyst on my back. They needed to reschedule 45 minutes for the procedure and their first suggestion was conflicted with my cardio appointment and the second suggestion conflicted with my urologist appointment. Anyway, in the next 16 days I have 4 appointments now. My eye appointment and regular update is next month.
Dang.... sounds like your gaskets are leaking oil. You take a licking and keep on ticking...

Dang.... sounds like your gaskets are leaking oil. You take a licking and keep on ticking...
He needs to keep check on his health. My doctor said slow walking with my dog is not enough. I need to do more cardio. Doctors always say that.

By the way, I can't find the thread with the lady with her standing water issue.

He needs to keep check on his health. My doctor said slow walking with my dog is not enough. I need to do more cardio. Doctors always say that.

By the way, I can't find the thread with the lady with her standing water issue.
Yeah...I posted a link to the other FHA thread about the septic tank for that lady....now her entire thread's gone. I didn't know you could do that.....remove an entire thread that is...

Yeah...I posted a link to the other FHA thread about the septic tank for that lady....now her entire thread's gone. I didn't know you could do that.....remove an entire thread that is...
When she came, she or her attorneys were looking for information from appraisers to help her appeal. Rather smart of them.
Having a second similar thread was bold of her to solicit more information in her favor.

Research shows our bodies go through rapid changes in our 40s and our 60s​

A new study, published Wednesday in Nature Aging, shows what may be causing the physical decline. Researchers have found that molecules and microorganisms both inside and outside our bodies are going through dramatic changes, first at about age 44 and then again when we hit 60. Those alterations may be causing significant differences in cardiovascular health and immune function.

“While it’s obvious that you’re aging throughout your entire life, there are two big periods where things really shift,” said the study’s senior author, Michael Snyder, a professor of genetics and director of the Center for Genomics and Personalized Medicine at Stanford Medicine. For example, “there’s a big shift in the metabolism of lipids when people are in their 40s and in the metabolism of carbohydrates when people are in their 60s.”

Finding that biological aging accelerates at two points in midlife could help researchers understand why the risk of certain illnesses increases in fits and starts as chronological age rises. For example, approximately 6.5% of people ages 40 to 59 have coronary artery disease, but the prevalence rises sharply to 19.8% in people ages 60 to 79.

Many of the factors that shifted around age 44 and 60 were related to heart health. For example, a protein linked to atherosclerosis, or plaque buildup in arteries, increased in the blood of participants during their 40s and 60s. These age groups also showed declines in the ability to metabolize caffeine, which temporarily raises blood pressure, and alcohol, which initially lowers but then raises blood pressure.

Juan Carlos Verján, who researches aging at the National Institute of Geriatrics in Mexico and was not involved with the study, told Live Science that "the 60-year inflection point, I believe, could be more due to inflammation." For instance, participants over 60 accumulated antioxidant enzymes in their blood. These enzymes neutralize chemical triggers for inflammation and suggests that inflammation could be accumulating in this age group

I used to cut the lawn and gardening at my rental. I asked my Chiropractor can I cut the grass. It's getting weedy and unkept. He said NO.:cautious:
I asked my gardener to go cut the lawn at my rental (I use a gardener who does a better professional job in cutting my yard).
I hope this is temporary until I can lift heavy and toil back breaking gardening.

I went to pick up my cell phone. When i got back to my desk i had rhe remote in my hand.

Last edited:
I went to pick up my cell phone. When i got back to my dest i had rhe remote in my hand.
At least you had the presence of mind that you were looking for a handheld item....

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back