• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

You know you're getting old when

No.....just a deep soaking tub.

This will be my first acrylic tub. I've always had cast iron. But I wasn't going to haul a new one up to the Second Story. Hopefully the acrylic one will stand the test of time.
Did you set the tub in a bed of mortar? Makes it more solid and quieter. Nice job on the remodel

What you have sounds like what I'm putting in. It's made by Schluter and the cable runs through its proprietary mat and powered by a thermostat. It has two temperature sensors at two different spots of the floor.

View attachment 89726
We had heated floors using that system in our old house, up and down masters'. Wish we had put in our new house.

Did you set the tub in a bed of mortar? Makes it more solid and quieter. Nice job on the remodel
Yes I did! A dry pack mortar.

Thank goodness for YouTube. It really helped me out with my first vinyl tub install as well as the new materials I used for the backerboard. Squished that tub down on a big blob of that mortar and it's solid.

The backerboard, is that newfangled foam board where it's super light yet, waterproof. You put it in with its proprietary sealant in between the seams and corners. Soooo much easier than the old-school cement board.

Thanks for the kudos.... I'm not done yet, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! It's been a long haul.

Reactions: DTB
We had heated floors using that system in our old house, up and down masters'. Wish we had put in our new house.
You know..... I tried to find some "bad reviews" to show the wife that it wouldn't be worth the trouble to do it. All I found was rave reviews....so it's going in.

You know..... I tried to find some "bad reviews" to show the wife that it wouldn't be worth the trouble to do it. All I found was rave reviews....so it's going in.
Heated floor was the first thing the wife mentioned when we decided to remodel our bath. Couldn't feign ignorance since she knew I was an electrician at one time. Also didn't help that I had rewired the majority of the house a year after we bought it

The problem with heated floors usually radiant heat for best efficiency is that when it fails, it's costly to repair. Not for me.

The problem with heated floors usually radiant heat for best efficiency is that when it fails, it's costly to repair. Not for me.
Radiant heating cable rarely fails. Most of it is used for specific areas like bath floors. So yes if it fails you lose the heated floor but not your primary source of heat. I have seen a very few homes that rely on radiant heating cable for primary heat source. It could differ in other areas

Around here, Eichlers use radiant heat throughout the house. Very efficient but I dread when these system fail.
That's why is subject is an Eichler, I use Eichler comps.

Around here, Eichlers use radiant heat throughout the house. Very efficient but I dread when these system fail.
That's why is subject is an Eichler, I use Eichler comps.
Have you ever seen a system fail and I don't mean the thermostat or temperature sensor. I mean the actual heating cable

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back