• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

You know you're getting old when

Is that a jacuzzi tub? Always wanted one but felt high maintenance.
No.....just a deep soaking tub.

This will be my first acrylic tub. I've always had cast iron. But I wasn't going to haul a new one up to the Second Story. Hopefully the acrylic one will stand the test of time.

No.....just a deep soaking tub.

This will be my first acrylic tub. I've always had cast iron. But I wasn't going to haul a new one up to the Second Story. Hopefully the acrylic one will stand the test of time.
My wife likes hot baths. I have cast iron retain heat better.
And yes, the cast iron tub was heavy to go up second story.
Downstairs I have an acrylic tub in one of my bathroom (one with the nonfunctioning toilet).
Early this year, I dropped a glass jar (my exfoliating face scrub) and scratched the white paint spot on the tub.:(

Is that a jacuzzi tub? Always wanted one but felt high maintenance.

I would have preferred a large shower. Tile the walls with misty trees and vegetation, to give the sense you are standing in a rain forest. Tile the ceiling with dark cumulus clouds to give a real sense that it is actually raining. Then, an audio system with good quality speakers with the sound of thunderstorms and more rain ( Usually for putting people to sleep, but always cool to listen to.). Now I bet that would run up the water bill.

What good is a swimming pool, if you can't swim in it? Well, I guess you could still tile the walls and ceiling and add in the audio.

I would have preferred a large shower. Tile the walls with misty trees and vegetation, to give the sense you are standing in a rain forest. Tile the ceiling with dark cumulus clouds to give a real sense that it is actually raining. Then, an audio system with good quality speakers with the sound of thunderstorms and more rain ( Usually for putting people to sleep, but always cool to listen to.). Now I bet that would run up the water bill.

What good is a swimming pool, if you can't swim in it? Well, I guess you could still tile the walls and ceiling and add in the audio.
Overimprovement. But if you like it, spend it.
I like to convert my main bathroom's closet into a steam room or sauna but then I lose a closet.
So I use the gym's facilities though dirty.

I would have preferred a large shower
That definitely is the trend. That along with those stupid vanities on legs like a sideboard. When I build our new vanity it's going to have a toe kick. We don't have a maid and I'm certainly not going to clean under there. The wife and kid aren't detailed orientated like I am, so I know they won't.

I still feel that a bathtub is a valued commodity for resell of the house if that's what we choose to do.

That along with those stupid vanities on legs like a sideboard
Made this one from an old cherry dresser the wife found at a thrift store. The doors were made from the top. The top panel tilts out and has trays for small items. The bottom drawer was the original top drawer. It sits on ball bearing slides. 5 coats of marine polyurethane. Bathroom has heated floor

1722551044309.png

Reactions: DTB
That definitely is the trend. That along with those stupid vanities on legs like a sideboard. When I build our new vanity it's going to have a toe kick. We don't have a maid and I'm certainly not going to clean under there. The wife and kid aren't detailed orientated like I am, so I know they won't.

I still feel that a bathtub is a valued commodity for resell of the house if that's what we choose to do.
When I see a house that has a bathroom with just a tub, that's no good. Most people take showers now. Have a shower over tub and you'll have a happy potential buyer.

Overimprovement. But if you like it, spend it.
I like to convert my main bathroom's closet into a steam room or sauna but then I lose a closet.
So I use the gym's facilities though dirty.

Sauna should be separate. I added one to our addition back in 1993. I put in 6,000W Sweedish sauna heater. With our current solar panels, it is not a big expense.

There is nothing better to give you a good nights sleep than 20-30 minutes in 140-145 degrees with steam and Eucalyptus.

Reactions: DTB

I ---- don't think so. Most Jacuzzi's get filled with junk. Water is in most places too expensive. You do get charged for it - for each gallon used. A typical Jacuzzi holds 300-450 gallons of water. Showers are far more efficient. Also, a sauna is nowadays cheaper - especially if you have solar.

Made this one from an old cherry dresser the wife found at a thrift store. The doors were made from the top. The top panel tilts out and has trays for small items. The bottom drawer was the original top drawer. It sits on ball bearing slides. 5 coats of marine polyurethane. Bathroom has heated floor

View attachment 89712
Now that's cool..... you actually repurposed something that wasn't meant to be a vanity and made it a vanity. Ours however is 74 in Long and it's only 16 in deep. Very odd configuration so I'm going to have to do a custom build.

I have a heated floor going in as well. Did you do the Schluter Ditra?

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back