• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Need some opinions on this....

I wonder if the GSEs gave any thought to these type situations. Actually makes no sense at all. How does their CU respond. You could end up with appraisals of the same house with different GLA. Doubt that CU picks up the separate additional line items. Since those lines are not standardized.
CU doesn't read those blank lines. It might red flag you for a very different GLA than previous appraisals done on report. We ding the GLA for this minutia, but the comps, who knows. Who sees any bad photos. But, 1/10 must move forward.

Floor coverings. A recent study of a health issue is called micro plastics, which the body cannot get rid of. Most carpets are made from some type of plastic. One day it may be banned, if they can find a substitute, or a way to detox the micro plastic from our systems. This is actually a bigger threat than global temperature. But the stupid have their religion for now. Oh, I would never have plastic piping in my house for any possible drinking water source. At least with copper pipes you only get a miniscule dose of copper.

Reactions: DTB
Suppose it is the common Fannie Mae form 1004. Fannie Mae Selling Guidelines say you must satisfy the ANSI Z765 standard. USPAP says you must conform to GSE requirements.
My report, my professional judgement, my signature.
I would do it as I stated.

My GLA doesn't match some other appraiser's report? Bring it on!

I'm more than ready to stop seeing ANSI questions from appraisers. It's been a minute since FNMA mandated it. The rules and requirements are available to anyone either by buying the ANSI Z765-2021 standard or by taking one of the several ANSI CE courses that are offered.

With all parties involved, the floor covering increases market value. Ya'll are crazy. That's why I love you so much.

Remember I appraise real property rights. I know all have to do is say subject needs floor covering on 1st floor. No cost estimates needed.

Comprende?

That is because I know what my client wants. They want their collateral to have highest possible market value. They don't want it too high like gold floor covering.

They want it to match the market.

Subdivisions that are very similar in composition maximize market value. Hard to imagine?

If all are very similar, and market value increases, then all the properties increase in cookie cutter land.

By the same token they fall in same fashion.

BTW, the market has some really nice engineered floor covering out there now that this subject house in question needs on market value.

I am sure that cold hard concrete has flaws and don't appeal to many buyers. Seller could give flooring allowance.

Client don't want to give flooring allowance.

I'm more than ready to stop seeing ANSI questions from appraisers. It's been a minute since FNMA mandated it. The rules and requirements are available to anyone either by buying the ANSI Z765-2021 standard or by taking one of the several ANSI CE courses that are offered.
Yes, yes, yes. Let's all goosestep to the 1/10ers national anthem. God bless ansi. If the rules and requirements are available to everyone, then why are the opinions on this blog 50/50 most of the time on anything.
I understand ansi is an absolute, as ruled by the idiot savants. Resistance is futile, I am goose steeping now to your absolute. No floor covering, no GLA. And those that don't follow, you cell will be 7.0 x 10.1 feet with concrete floor for your new non GLA accommodations, complete with an ansi manual to read.

IMO- One pf the bigger mistakes FNMA made dictating the "ANSI Rule".......it does not provide GLA....only ILA and creates a non-market acceptable practice.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com
Back